Declining attitude to law and order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yet japan for example is 97.8% Japanese. Maybe they just need someone to explain the benefits to them?

You mean Japan who have a population demographic crises from being so insular and have been turning to immigration to help with skill shortages and to combat the aging population calamity they are facing?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...low-immigration-rates-its-also-dying-country/

Japan is a Trumpian paradise of low immigration rates. It’s also a dying country.
So over the last few years their right wing Govt have changed policy to encourage immigration to save the country

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/its-population-ages-japan-quietly-turns-immigration

As Its Population Ages, Japan Quietly Turns to Immigration

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/06/23/japan-immigration-policy-xenophobia-migration/

Japan Radically Increased Immigration—and No One Protested

I think you need to find a new poster boy for your xenophobia.

North Korea perhaps? I hear they're not keen on immigration....or emigration ;)

Caporegime
Wait, what? Is that what brexit was about? Perhaps I should have voted to remain.

******* idiot.

You must be...

According to The Economist, areas that saw increases of over 200% in foreign-born population between 2001 and 2014 saw a majority of voters back leave in 94% of cases.[9] The Economist concluded 'High numbers of migrants don't bother Britons; high rates of change do.' Consistent with that notion, research suggests that areas that saw significant influx of migration from Eastern Europe following the accession of 12 mainly Eastern European countries to the European Union in 2004 saw significant growth in support for UKIP and more likely to vote to leave the European Union.[10]

Not to mention that 1/3 of all those who voted leave cited migration as one if the reasons for doing so. (According to poll data)

Soldato

I know you are a particularly obtuse member of the resident virtue signallers here but even your own link confirms that a lot of thoose "immigrants" (especially the low skilled ones) are only in Japan on five year visas with no right to remain beyond that in a country that does not shy away from vigorously deporting people who have overstayed their welcome.

And even the immigrants that are in Japan overwhelmingly come from the closer countries in the region and as such are likely to be more culturally aligned to their country of residence than the many immigrants into Europe and North America.

According to Wikipedia (2018 data) 71.3% of the legal resident population of foreign citizens are from China, South Korea /Chosen, Vietnam and the Philippines.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You mean Japan who have a population demographic crises from being so insular and have been turning to immigration to help with skill shortages and to combat the aging population calamity they are facing?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...low-immigration-rates-its-also-dying-country/

So over the last few years their right wing Govt have changed policy to encourage immigration to save the country

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/its-population-ages-japan-quietly-turns-immigration

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/06/23/japan-immigration-policy-xenophobia-migration/

Yeah its still under 2% of the population not 60% of Tokyo for example.

Screenshot-20201003-101004-Chrome.jpg

Plus japan handles it properly:

Immigration to Japan was and remains relatively exclusionary. Children gain citizenship based on their parents’ Japanese nationality rather than by virtue of their birth on Japanese soil (jus sanguinis rather than jus soli).

Consequently, zainichi and their descendants can retain foreign nationality even though they may be third- or fourth-generation descendants born and raised entirely in Japan. Naturalization is available, though the path is often regarded as arbitrary and quite strict in nature. The government has taken steps to ease the naturalization process somewhat in recent years, particularly for zainichi. However, there are only about 1,000 new naturalizations each year, compared to approximately 30,000 new permanent resident visas. In other words, the majority of long-term foreign residents in Japan acquire permanent residency rather than Japanese nationality.

So they keep immigrants as immigrants, as that enables them to remove them later if needed.

Entirely different to granting every child of an immigrant full citizenship as we do...

Soldato
I know you are a particularly obtuse member of the resident virtue signallers here

:D

Got to get in that Pavlovian response of virtue signaller! *ding ding* time to salivate! You right whingers are just so easily led and predictable.

And sock horror that countries have the closest economic ties with those geographically closest to them....what does that remind me of.

Caporegime
:D

Got to get in that Pavlovian response of virtue signaller! *ding ding* time to salivate! You right whingers are just so easily led and predictable.

And sock horror that countries have the closest economic ties with those geographically closest to them....what does that remind me of.

Not the uk unless we have great trade links with pakistan, bangaldesh or somalia

Soldato
Yeah its still under 2% of the population not 60% of Tokyo for example.

They've only recently relaxed their stance from being an incredibly insular nation, we've a whole history of immigration

Plus japan handles it properly:

So they keep immigrants as immigrants, as that enables them to remove them later if needed.

Entirely different to granting every child of an immigrant full citizenship as we do...

That's a different, and probably more sensible debate that could be had. But I was answering your specific question of "Maybe they just need someone to explain the benefits [of immigration] to them?" When it's obvious they have already worked that one out for themselves.

Caporegime
They've only recently relaxed their stance from being an incredibly insular nation, we've a whole history of immigration

That's a different, and probably more sensible debate that could be had. But I was answering your specific question of "Maybe they just need someone to explain the benefits [of immigration] to them?" When it's obvious they have already worked that one out for themselves.

Despite any history of immigration the change has been huge and swift

Screenshot-20201003-103619-Chrome.jpg

By the 2021 census what are we expecting? Low 80s or 70%s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom