Dedicated preowned components auction site

Associate
Just an idea at the moment but im just sounding out how many people might be interested in an auction site entirely dedicted to PC components.

is it a good idea to have one place to look for these, or is it redundant if we already have other ways to buy?

is there anything missing from the way that other sites work that could be done in a better way on a site given entirely to components?

what would make you happier with buying and selling parts online?

again just spitballing at the moment, but it seems like in the UK we dont really have any of the shops that stock second hand components that they seem to have in the US or the far east. so i thought that maybe putting together a website for this would be a good first step. maybe im wrong and if so please can someone just tll me where these shops are!

Associate
Cant ever see this taking off, second hand PC components are a relatively niche market and you would be competing against Ebay which already has the market essentially cornered.

Soldato
I would only go away from eBay if you offered more protection for both buyer and seller.

Maybe test and hold parts in a warehouse so I know the things I'm buying exist, and the things I'm selling have no scammy comebacks.

Soldato
but it seems like in the UK we dont really have any of the shops that stock second hand components that they seem to have in the US or the far east. so i thought that maybe putting together a website for this would be a good first step. maybe im wrong and if so please can someone just tll me where these shops are!

It's not an auction site and not your typical pre-owned prices but they do come with a two year warranty at CEX. Not a huge variety of all components but plenty of CPUs and some other things.

Associate
I think its a great idea... All the "bargains" get shipped in from China and you have to wait 3-4 weeks for them. I would pay a little extra if it was local..

Associate
Good idea I think we as computer enthusiast would prefer something like that rather than eBay as the amount of scams that happen partly down to the lack of protection to users is quite poor. Mind you I don’t have access yet but there is a members market in this forum

Associate
Time is money unforcenatly
Moust eBay sellers accept the fact that there is a portion of customers that are schamers
And just cover the cost of scams in the selling price of all items
In the UK market the laber cost is to high to employ people to manage the problem
So the system is running on people's integrity
The abuse on eBay will open up other platforms of trade
But sadly to say I do not have the solution to the problem
I am positive that there are a lot of sellers that will switch out of frustration
The more the scams escalate the more unappealing it becomes
As financially or psihologicly for the sellers

Back
Top Bottom