Deer

Associate
could have been worse mate...

Deer_vs_Durango_3.jpg

Permabanned
OP
From how I described what had happened, the Police said I was very lucky to get off with such little damage.

They actually said, when they got the call re:Deer hitting the car they were wondering how bad it would be as they came.

Soldato
Funny you should post this actually, i hit a deer on thursday at about 40mph! after someone had hit it coming from the other direction :(

How much damage has to be done to your car before they consider it a write off? Tbh would rather my car was wrote off rather than repaired :/

Permabanned
OP
The people in these pictures are randoms from outside the Pizza/Kebab shop where my car was parked. I do not know them, and they were very annoying when I was taking the pictures. Ie asking loads of dumb questions.

Pictures:

IMG_2411.JPG

IMG_2412.JPG

IMG_2413.JPG

IMG_2414.JPG

IMG_2415.JPG

Permabanned
OP
paradigm said:
I would have expected a LOT more damage! :eek:

Nice to see my car can stand up to a fight with a deer anyway :p

Aye, tho there are a lot of dents and creases in the bonnet and roof. You just cant see them because the car is too dirty.

The impact bar behind the bumper did the job and it bent like a mofo, and it looks like the bumper flexed with no damage :) But needs replacing anyway as plastic mounts behind it have snapped off.

They really are solid cars.

Permabanned
OP
iCraig said:
It just goes to show how well modern cars are built these days. :cool:

Definately doesn't look like it was hit by a deer.

I disagree slightly actually, other cars would have fallen to pieces. Most cars nowdays fall to bits with the slightest impact for pedestrian safety and all that garbage.

One of the few exceptions to that rule is cars from VAG.

Soldato
Oblivious said:
The people in these pictures are randoms from outside the Pizza/Kebab shop where my car was parked. I do not know them, and they were very annoying when I was taking the pictures. Ie asking loads of dumb questions.

I recognise her, she's called Deirdre.

Back
Top Bottom