Deliveroo charge on CC

Associate
Anyone having issues with Deliveroo charges on their CC? My wife just got a charge on her CC which she never uses, the only other transaction being a few days before on Amazon.

I checked mine and I can see a charge from Deliveroo in pending, so just one on each CC. We both use our ipads mainly for shopping but do have a desktop PC which I use mainly for gaming.

Done a couple of virus scans on it and picked up nothing.

Caporegime
Anyone having issues with Deliveroo charges on their CC? My wife just got a charge on her CC which she never uses, the only other transaction being a few days before on Amazon.

I checked mine and I can see a charge from Deliveroo in pending, so just one on each CC. We both use our ipads mainly for shopping but do have a desktop PC which I use mainly for gaming.

Done a couple of virus scans on it and picked up nothing.
My details were picked up by a remote access program being installed without me knowing called Screen Connect.

Associate
OP
Done a defender scan and a malwarebytes scan and no infections found. Only common place both CC's where stored together is on Amazon. My wife never uses that CC anywhere else so i've changed my Amazon password but it has 2-step authentication on it anyway?

Associate
OP
Interesting that my wife’s CC is only stored on Amazon where mine is also held. If it was a keylogger then they would need the 3-digit code off the back which is not entered when ordering from Amazon using a stored card. So does this suggest an Amazon hack?

Soldato
She has probably "inadvertently" signed up for Deliveroo premium, having selected "yes I'll take the free trial for free delivery right now.

Let me guess, it is about £11.49?

Associate
OP
One very large gin and 2hrs20min to get through to the fraud team and both cards now cancelled and new ones ordered.

The thing that interests me is that the wife’s CC was never used until a couple of days ago on Amazon and then the next day a Deliveroo charge was put on it. It’s details are only stored on Paypal and Amazon and the chap in the fraud team says the 3 digit code would have been needed to place an order with Deliveroo. So this looks like a website hack to me as opposed to a localised hack of my PC where the 3-digit code is never displayed when placing an order or never asked to be confirmed so a keylogger is also ruled out.

The fraud guy also seemed very cagey when I asked so my money is on a very large hack.

Caporegime
One very large gin and 2hrs20min to get through to the fraud team and both cards now cancelled and new ones ordered.

The thing that interests me is that the wife’s CC was never used until a couple of days ago on Amazon and then the next day a Deliveroo charge was put on it. It’s details are only stored on Paypal and Amazon and the chap in the fraud team says the 3 digit code would have been needed to place an order with Deliveroo. So this looks like a website hack to me as opposed to a localised hack of my PC where the 3-digit code is never displayed when placing an order or never asked to be confirmed so a keylogger is also ruled out.

The fraud guy also seemed very cagey when I asked so my money is on a very large hack.
I’m with Monzo and you can cancel and order new debit cards within the app within a minute.

It’s so good.

Commissario

Who is your card issuer?

Whenever I've had to contact the fraud team it's usually been a few minutes at most, as IIRC the fraud teams tend to be the one part of the banks CS that they actually man fully as fraud costs the credit card company money:p

Back
Top Bottom