Dell 24 incher (NO RULE BREAKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
what a MASSIVE thread. Spent all day going through this and compiling it all into a section for the sticky. All kinds fo great pictures, comments etc made in this thread. I've put all the great info together into one section for future buyers :) I've credited everyone accordingly, thanks for all the input :D

Soldato
there is still more to talk about. seems someone on Hard forums got thier sky box to work with the 24"incher as well.

oh an i got some pics i wana post as well but been restricted acsess to ntl ftp atm:/

Soldato
this thread is EVIL and WRONG :mad:

everytime i have a look i suddenly realy realy want on of them 24" screens :D . you lot are going to put me in the poor house ;) .

i may get one next month depending on how things go. Are there any particular differences between the 20" and 24" panal apart from the res. also i have seen some 24" around and they boast a 12ms responce time :confused: but according to dell its still 16ms. anyone got aany info on that ??

Thanks
GOTH_THING

Man of Honour
Officially Dell have spec-ed it at 16ms repsonse time panel, but it uses the Samsung LTM240M1 PVA panel. On Samsung's site it is listed as 8ms, but in reality it is a 16ms screen afaik. Either way, treat it as a sub 16ms panel, and ignore the spec on paper, and go by user comments, which have been very good tbh.

Yaka, as Mr Latte has kindly pointed out, no talk of Warez / illegal copyrighted material is allowed. If you can take pics of legitimate images then that would be good :)

Don
OK, most of the rubbish is gone and the thread is back in action.

A quick reminder to new visitors to this thread:

No discussion of pricing
No discussion of competitors
No hinting at either of the above

Permabanned
mine should be here on friday ish i cant wait, have a Q tho :)

i was told by a friend that WoW looks naff on it, he's not sure why but i was hoping it wouldnt be stretched out etc or look distorted, anyone here play WoW and got screenshots of it in action with it?

cheers

Soldato
aquaman said:
mine should be here on friday ish i cant wait, have a Q tho :)

i was told by a friend that WoW looks naff on it, he's not sure why but i was hoping it wouldnt be stretched out etc or look distorted, anyone here play WoW and got screenshots of it in action with it?

cheers

Not got it here but I've heard comments made about how good the colours look, Im sure with it being a new game that a widescreen mode will be avalaible init

Associate
Yaka said:
erm WoW looks class in 16:10 widscreen mode @ full res. as does Warcraft 3

Yep I've been playing WoW heavily on it and it looks fantastic. WoW supports widescreen resolutions without the need for a patch or any other kind of modifying and I'm impressed that my system can actually run it in 1920x1200 :)

Soldato
I've found this with HL2 as well conisdering my system isent top class its handleing HL2 in 1920x1200 without any stuttering at all

Associate
aquaman said:
mine should be here on friday ish i cant wait

When did you order? I ordered on the 18th and the Order Status page doesn't give a delivery date. I spoke to Dell yesterday and was told they're run out and mine wasn't likely to be dispatched until the 22nd May.

So I'm a little frustrated!

Roy

Associate
Well I spoke to Dell a few days ago and they told me they expected my 24 to ship sometime next week. I will start crying if i have to wait until may 22nd :(

Permabanned
rtrm said:
When did you order? I ordered on the 18th and the Order Status page doesn't give a delivery date. I spoke to Dell yesterday and was told they're run out and mine wasn't likely to be dispatched until the 22nd May.

So I'm a little frustrated!

Roy

buying off a guy, he has one spare due to recent events that we wont speak of on here, so getting it on the cheap and unopened :)

coming friday

could you please mail me mate in trust, need to ask you something (may need to enable your trust as well as i cudnt see an email addy)

cheers Roy

Associate
Mine was ordered on the 16th March , they told me it would be middle of April before I got it . Guess what , I got an email this a.m. saying it been shipped WOOOOOHOOOOOOO :D

Associate
duc999 said:
Mine was ordered on the 16th March , they told me it would be middle of April before I got it . Guess what , I got an email this a.m. saying it been shipped WOOOOOHOOOOOOO :D

Looks like they might have gotten a shipment earlier than they expected, my 2 ordered on the 31st are now showing as packed and awaiting shipment.

Associate
woohoo - likewise!! I was starting to get depressed that I won't get it for a month or so, but mine is now awaiting shipment.

I still have a major problem though... I broke my wrist on Saturday and don't fancy my chances of setting up a 24"er one handed. Question is; do I trust the wife to do it for me!!?? :p

loopster

Associate
I just got an email saying mine has shipped. Great news - better start clearing some space on my desk!

How long is the DVI cable that comes with the monitor?

Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom