Dell 24 incher (NO RULE BREAKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
aquaman said:
mine should be here on friday ish i cant wait, have a Q tho :)

i was told by a friend that WoW looks naff on it, he's not sure why but i was hoping it wouldnt be stretched out etc or look distorted, anyone here play WoW and got screenshots of it in action with it?

cheers

With bloom on it can look a little cack.

Turn if off and it looks fantastic.

Permabanned
wel it arrived about 30mins ago, and all i can say is so far so good, not guna be able to play with it till monday night really, had a quick go on WoW and it looks ace, so much desktop its unreal, coming from a 17" is a big ole jump

just waiting for steam and 56k to do their worst on me while it updates for me to try CSS

sooo sweeeet

edit: anyone got any links of where to get a nice large desktop wall paper that is same res as me monitor?

cheers

Soldato
Still wish somebody here would have self reviewed one in a nice thread. Personally dont want to goto [H] or anywhere else less jack-asses on here for a start.

Anyone with a decent camera willing to reconsider,please?

P.S
I need your vote ref my Loft Thread / see sig.

Permabanned
Mr Latte said:
Still wish somebody here would have self reviewed one in a nice thread. Personally dont want to goto [H] or anywhere else less jack-asses on here for a start.

Anyone with a decent camera willing to reconsider,please?

P.S
I need your vote ref my Loft Thread / see sig.

i may if i have time mate, my camera skills arent to great but the camera is farily decent, canon ixus 400, Not sure i have the time to do a full review tho, especially with my graphics card luck recently, seems my stop gap 6600gt is on the blink (while the x850xtpe is on rma)

ill see what i can do dude

Permabanned
Just asking for some help here a sec, havent had much time to play with my screen due to working nights etc and now back on days and being generally busy

what cable do i need to get a decent picture on the 2405 from my PS2

for a 2 second quick test i used the yellow vid cable and obviosuly it looked absolutely NO SWEARING, guessing i need a ps2 rgb componant cable?

any help here would be great, also how do i remove the crappy borders above and below my dvd's, they are huge borders, seems like defeating the object of a widescreen tft

Associate
The borders are there because the DVD was not recorded in a 16:10 aspect ratio, many (most?) films are intended to be viewed in 2.35:1 aspect ratio which is wider than 16:10 so it displays with the borders you see.

To fill the screen without borders you would need to either crop the displayed image or distort it, neither are good from a veiwing perspective.

Soldato
i think you would be better off with a component cable. you got 2 choices a cheap £2 or so jobbie or an Monstaer Cable one which i think costs around £50 mark.

ive got a cheapo atm and when playing GT4 in 1080i mode it some times flicks into 480i for some wierd reason. at first i thought it was coz my ps2 is so old (first gen pal) but im told the monster cable will stop it.

and mr latte, i'll try and do a review this sunday if i have time but i must warn me speeling etc is rubbish

Soldato
Right well after conversing with baddass we both agree, err yes imagine, well we agree on one thing at least and thats these monitor forums have of lately been experiencing a shortage of some cracker personal monitor reviews. I think we might of resolved a few things too.

Yaka its great to here yourself and others wanting to contribute. If your up for it please do a nice review such would be quite refreshing. Im sure many will appreciate a well documented report if possible. Of course a combined set of opnions, each relating or adding too such a report would make a great group combined effort with so many now already owning one. We can only ask and hope you support those still interested in this monitor.

* Ref DVDs
Try an anamorphic DVD it should work better if its from a proper dvd player? How do 1:85 general 16x9 films look on this monitor regarding borders. I assume the monitors zoom function acts no different to using say PDVD and forcing it to a stretched fullscreen, matching screen res?

* Ref GT4 1080i
The reason this happens is the menus use 480i but races and replays use the selected 480p or 1080i. 1080i does not always mean 1900x1080 lines in fact it can relate to over 18 various screen resolutions. I agree it looks nice and helps kill the jaggies.

*Ref PS2 Connecting
Component or S-Video should look very simular on a UK PS2. Besides very few games/mostly NTSC support the 480p mode which the componet cable is recommended for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom