Dell 2407 A02 or A03?

Associate
I have just purchased a A02 version and have noticed some lumenous green when grey on white, etc. What I want to know is, is the A03 a step up?

My friend says the panel on the A03 isnt as good as the A02.

Which would you go for and why?

What has the A03 supposed to have fixed, and has it?

Associate
OP
just read this on dells forum

The 2407 A03 is now truly a great 8-bit monitor.

1. The banding problem is corrected through DVI in desktop mode. I have a hard time finding banding in Multimedia mode and that depends on the type of content. That's the most important fix.
2. The OSD language fix Dell states, even though I don't know exactly what language it was.
3. The monitor does not default to the S-Video input setting. If you set it to component in, it will remember this setting the next time you use video inputs.
4. 480P thru component input shows as 480P in OSD not as 480I like it use to
5. Component in from a DVD standalone is fully adjustable for Color, sharpness, saturation and other settings. DVD's look great.
To anyone that thinks component is a waste of space is just plain wrong; you just have to get use to adjusting the monitor thru the OSD.

Man of Honour
RedDwarfUK said:
My friend says the panel on the A03 isnt as good as the A02

i'd suggest your friend is misinformed :)

The screen still uses the same Samsung S-PVA panel as it always has, there was some changes with the 20" 2007WFP model which is probably what he's getting confused with. The only official change from A02 > A03 was an OSD language change

Soldato
i had my monitor replaced this morning because a faulty usb hub, and the new one i have came with 0mins of use.. brand new.. but it has an un-even backlight.. is this enough to warrant another replacement?

Associate
StevenG said:
i had my monitor replaced this morning because a faulty usb hub, and the new one i have came with 0mins of use.. brand new.. but it has an un-even backlight.. is this enough to warrant another replacement?

How did you check that then please?

Back
Top Bottom