Dell 3007WFP Arrived This morning!! Pics!

Associate
I might just tell them i have thrown the old one in the bin as the man from dell never mentioned picking up the old one on the phone when i was arranging replacement. Also their warranty brochure says that they swap the monitors old for new on the same day. So they havent done it properly according to their own instructions on their website.

Associate
i got home from uni today and my mother said they had come to collect the old monitor. She didnt give it to the guy though because she said it wasnt hers and that dell hadnt arranged a pick up date. The delivery guy had no paperwork either. So they are gonna have to ring me if they want it back

Im sure normally they talk about this stuff on the phone when u arrange the replacement to let you know. Anyway, i will box it up at the weekend and they can have it back next week if they come for it again. Fair is fair :)

Associate
Humate said:
i got home from uni today and my mother said they had come to collect the old monitor. She didnt give it to the guy though because she said it wasnt hers and that dell hadnt arranged a pick up date. The delivery guy had no paperwork either. So they are gonna have to ring me if they want it back

Im sure normally they talk about this stuff on the phone when u arrange the replacement to let you know. Anyway, i will box it up at the weekend and they can have it back next week if they come for it again. Fair is fair :)

Ah well, like you say, fair is fair ;)

Associate
I decided to look for a new monitor after Christmas and almost got a 24" TFT, but after seen the Dell 3007 and then seeing pic of it on this forum I thought to myself "My search is over" I orderd one on Monday, it arrived yesterday and what can I say. What a monitor :D Just awsome.. I play Eve a lot and damm its nice playing it at 2560x1600.

Anyone thinking about getting a new big monitor. Look no further

Associate
REDD555 said:
Nice one! Think I will have to upgrade to this one once I've got a gfx card that can handle that sort of res! GULP..............

Source games run fine at 2560x1600 on my X1800 XT, although Source isn't exactly the most demanding. Other games that struggle at this res look OK at 1280x800.

Associate
I got my 3007 from OcUK and TBH they are a little over priced in general and could not find anywhere cheaper that had them in stock, but well worth it and you wont look back... ever

Associate
johnrs said:
I got my 3007 from OcUK and TBH they are a little over priced in general and could not find anywhere cheaper that had them in stock, but well worth it and you wont look back... ever

They're not overpriced, other places are just very cheap. Check Dell's site - the list price is over 2k!

Check the bay for a Gigabyte DS3 - OcUK are more than 25% cheaper than the cheapest price on there. They're slightly cheaper for most high end air coolers too.

Soldato
I dont think he was knocking OC's pricing more Dell's original price for the size / quality of the monitor (that was how I read it anyway)

I think its a very good deal at the moment but really only if you already have serious graphics horsepower or can afford a 8800 with it (I know some have a X1900 running , but with newer games I think investing in ATI now for this monster would just be wasting money...if you have X1900 already though its worth a try)

Associate
I was not knocking OcUK as there was only one place that sold them cheaper and I was told they they get Dell auctioned stock so they dont know when they will get some more. OcUK was the 2nd cheapest I found and now I know that the other placed had auctioned stock it kind of put me off. Just before xmas I brought a 8800GTX from OcUK and tend get all my good stuff here and never had any problems.

Soldato
OP
2nd Dell 3007WFP Arrived This Morning!! Pic!

dual.JPG

Soldato
OP
Sadly the one on the left has to go. that dead pixel was doing my head in.. the excuse i used to get the replacement was that there seemed to be a mark on the inside of the screen that looked like a dark smudge..

seems to work fine :)

Back
Top Bottom