Dell 3007WFP Arrived This morning!! Pics!

Associate
What gfx card are you using to feed them both? I thought it needed 2 dvi leads or something per screen? or am i being stupid and not understanding the wording of dual dvi

my 2407 is gonna have to be upgraded i think :p

Soldato
OP
bigstevex said:
What gfx card are you using to feed them both? I thought it needed 2 dvi leads or something per screen? or am i being stupid and not understanding the wording of dual dvi

my 2407 is gonna have to be upgraded i think :p
Dual DVI is just a thicker cable with more wires in it.. its amazing how many people think the same as you :)

see the pic i linked..
was just using my normal X1900XT

277px-DVI_Connector_Types.svg.png

Soldato
OP
DVI-A is analog and DVI-D is digital..

the only purpose of dual link DVi is that you gain access to higher resolutions.. afaik DVI will only go up to 1920x1200 any higher and you need Dual link dvi.. to get the res on this massive monitor 2560x1600

Associate
Dual Dell 3007WFPs would be one of my dream setups at the moment, but it must be awful for graphics, I imagine you will need two of the best graphics cards around to run any games or 3D on.

Thanks for the pictures.

Angus Higgins

Soldato
StevenG said:
DVI-I is digital and anolog

huh???? Care to explain that please, ie how and whats the point?

Seperate digital and analogue cables all in one connection?

Im just interested is all, not really sure why this would be required or wanted in any situation.

Man of Honour
FrankJH said:
huh???? Care to explain that please, ie how and whats the point?

Seperate digital and analogue cables all in one connection?

Im just interested is all, not really sure why this would be required or wanted in any situation.
It just has the capability to carry either signal. It's more to do with the graphics card it's connected to rather than the cable though.

Soldato
OP
i bought this purely for the extra desktop space (on a single monitor) for photo edeting and just down-sizeing from having 2 monitors..

i thought i would miss the dual screen but this has enough space to make up for it.. :D

couldnt fault it atall my new one is perfect! and at the prices they're going for now there becoming affordable

StevenG

Back
Top Bottom