Dell Professional P2715Q 27" Ultra HD 4K Monitor

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Here is a link to the monitor on Dell website for those of you who do not know much about this monitor.

Thus far I am very satisfied with it. I have used my Spyder tool to calibrate the screen which helped, as it seemed like there is a small yellow tint by default. Calibrated the colours look even better.

I am contemplating on whether to leave it on 100% scaling in windows (8.1) as when I go to 150% scaling which makes everything the right size but as a result things seem a little less sharp. My eyes are surprisingly adjusting to this scaling. Maybe would be perfect on say a 32" monitor.

I have had a brief go on a bunch of games in my steam library and taken snapshots which you can see in their full glory which I have wrapped in the spoiler box.

Tomb Raider

Borderlands 2

Crysis

GRID 2

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition

Portal 2

Here are some results from benchmarks/fraps.

Grid 2 – Benchmark Maxed No AA = 42FPS

Crysis - Maxed No AA = 23-30FPS

CSS: GO - Maxed = 90-120FPS

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition – Maxed = 60FPS (Seems capped)

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition – Maxed = 60FPS (Seems capped)

Portal 2 – Maxed = 70FPS (Minimum, usually 3 figures)

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion - Maxed = 60FPS (Seems capped)

Half Life 2 – Maxed = 80FPS (Minimum, majority is 200+)

StarCraft Wings of Liberty – Maxed = 55FPS (Minimum, mostly 60s)

Sleeping Dogs [FONT=&quot]Benchmark [/FONT]- Maxed, AA on Normal = 44.8FPS
Sleeping Dogs [FONT=&quot]Benchmark [/FONT]- Maxed = 10.5FPS lol.

Tomb Raider [FONT=&quot]Benchmark [/FONT]– Maxed, No AA, TressFX off = 24.8FPS
Tomb Raider [FONT=&quot]Benchmark [/FONT]– Maxed = 13.6FPS

Recent games will definitely require lowing settings to get playable frames with a 7970. But I do not want to upgrade until 20/16nm card comes out which will likely be double the performance of the 7970.

In my opinion though there are many slightly older titles which get a new lease of life you plan on replaying them. Like Half Life 2 looked very good.

Overall very happy with my purchase. 4K monitor check, IPS check, 60Hz check, SST check, Dell next day swap out if something goes wrong, check... :D

Last edited:
Soldato
That is by far the best 4K monitor I have seen yet. This is my next screen without a doubt. Will have to wait until later in 2015, hopefully the prices will have come down a bit by then.

Comes with Dell '3 years Advanced Exchange Service'. Had great experience with Dell. This is the one !! Looking forward to 4K !!

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
That is by far the best 4K monitor I have seen yet. This is my next screen without a doubt. Will have to wait until later in 2015, hopefully the prices will have come down a bit by then.

Comes with Dell '3 years Advanced Exchange Service'. Had great experience with Dell. This is the one !! Looking forward to 4K !!

Yeah, exactly why I waited for Dell to release their updated 4k monitors. After buying the DGM monitor here and having untold amount of grief to get it sorted I vowed to stick with Dell.

Problem? Not an issue. Next day a replacement at your doorstep. Even if a single pixel is dead. Worth paying a bit more for that piece of mind :)

I got a text and mine will be delivered this evening :D

Soldato
A couple more years and SST IPS panels will be comparable in price to current 1080p screens, TN panel's will fill the void for the ultra cheap screens and pricier monitors will most likely be 5K panels for those folks who just want a bit more.

Soldato
I want to know how these would be for gaming! I ordered a Asus TN 4k from the rainforest on black friday but it still hasn't turned up from yodel so will get a refund on thursday... This is £150 more expensive but is IPS/AVHA so if input lag isn't to high it will be perfect.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yodel are terrible in my area we had a few items go missing from them in the past:)

Spend the extra on the dell :)

When I get my refund and the Dell's are on more sites I will pick one up, probably just after christmas. Hopefully by then some others will have brought them with reviews. I hear nothing but bad news with yodel...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Wow. Gorgeous!!

Running Grid 2 benchmark right now. It is set on ultra high settings but no aa, average is 41fps. Lol

I used to get a lot more before at 1080p with 8x aa. Great news is that it looks a lot better and from what I can initially see, no aa is needed, for this game anyway. Probably max, 2x aa would be plenty if anything.

Soldato
Turns out yodel will be delivering the Asus TN 4k to me tomorrow, don't know if to return it and get this for gaming, might open the TN up and try it and see what I think, I should still be able to return it to the rainforest if I want to right? DSR and all that.

Soldato
I Think the DSR rules have changed now...

I would recommend you check on this..

I have checked and they have changed but I believe they are still ok to do that? I might have to pay some restocking fee but that is all, would be nice if someone has a link to something that states this though.

Back
Top Bottom