dell S2716DG normal mode?.

Associate
Hi I have had this monitor about 6month now and is fantastic but just a couple of questions. If I open up the menu OSD it says down at the bottom Resolution 2560 X 1440, 144hz Normal Mode. No matter what I do if I change the mode in NVidia control panel to Gsync or fixed etc it still says Normal. I also have a problem with ghosting when Response time is set to FAST but ok on normal. Even when Fast response time is set to fast it still says its in normal mode. Is this normal thanks.

Graphic card KFA2 EX OC 1080GTX using display port.

Man of Honour
It should say "G-SYNC Mode" when G-Sync is enabled - make sure that ULMB is disabled and you actually are in 144Hz and try enabling G-Sync again.

Fast response time on the monitor doesn't produce the best results - Normal response time setting is way better for motion clarity (this might change in more recent revisions of the monitor or future updates). Setting fast response time won't change what it says on the OSD info - that will only show Normal, G-Sync or ULMB.

EDIT: If you are on Windows 10 go into a game and see what the OSD says - I've seen on some updates to 10 it shows Normal on the desktop but changes to G-Sync when you go into a game.

Associate
OP
It should say "G-SYNC Mode" when G-Sync is enabled - make sure that ULMB is disabled and you actually are in 144Hz and try enabling G-Sync again.

Fast response time on the monitor doesn't produce the best results - Normal response time setting is way better for motion clarity (this might change in more recent revisions of the monitor or future updates). Setting fast response time won't change what it says on the OSD info - that will only show Normal, G-Sync or ULMB.

EDIT: If you are on Windows 10 go into a game and see what the OSD says - I've seen on some updates to 10 it shows Normal on the desktop but changes to G-Sync when you go into a game.

Ha. I never checked in game it self for some reason just desktop and it does show as G-Sync Mode in game but not desk top. Using windows 10.

Associate
OP
Why make something what makes it looks worse though?. I have noticed in fast response is enabled that the internet is a lot faster at loading pages. Pretty the text looks ghosty when moving. This happens with textures too in games.

EDIT Not ghosting people call it bad white noise.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Why make something what makes it looks worse though?. I have noticed in fast response is enabled that the internet is a lot faster at loading pages. Pretty the text looks ghosty when moving. This happens with textures too in games.

EDIT Not ghosting people call it bad white noise.

there is no way your internet is loading pages faster because of a monitor setting, unless there is some sort of HUGE CPU load being caused

Man of Honour
Ha. I never checked in game it self for some reason just desktop and it does show as G-Sync Mode in game but not desk top. Using windows 10.

Depends a bit on the setting for G-Sync - you can set it to fullscreen or windowed and fullscreen however even with that set on some setups it will show normal mode on the desktop and only G-Sync in fullscreen modes despite G-Sync working in both cases if set to windowed mode as well.

Back
Top Bottom