Dell Streak?

Associate
I don't know where that information came but I can give you an update on my battery situation. Today, after probably its 5th overnight charge, I saw a battery full icon on the screen this morning which I hadn't noticed before and am pretty sure I would have noticed if it had been there. On my train journey into work after about half an hours browsing the battery has gone down to 94% whereas before I was losing 20-25% during the same journey.

I think there may be some truth in the battery taking time to condition itself but the fact the battery full icon came up today makes me think it wasn't truly fully charged even though it said 100% and the indicator wasn't accurate.

I had another solution if the bad battery does continue. As I am not using it as a phone it doesn't need to be switched on all the time. The boot up time is actually very quick in less than a minute so I was planning on keeping it off when not needed for a while. However, hopefully the battery is going to last better now so that won't be necessary.

If it carries on with bad battery life it's another reason to not buy it to use as your primary phone. Not only do you look a tool holding it to your head or have to use a BT headset but you also wouldn't be able to keep it turned on all day in case someone calls.

Man of Honour
I read that too, but don't understand this, anyone suggest an article which may shed some light on this subject? Or the origin of this statement?

It's quite common with modern phones batteries. They are a bit all over the place.

(Good post above)

Associate
I don't know where that information came but I can give you an update on my battery situation. Today, after probably its 5th overnight charge, I saw a battery full icon on the screen this morning which I hadn't noticed before and am pretty sure I would have noticed if it had been there. On my train journey into work after about half an hours browsing the battery has gone down to 94% whereas before I was losing 20-25% during the same journey.

I think there may be some truth in the battery taking time to condition itself but the fact the battery full icon came up today makes me think it wasn't truly fully charged even though it said 100% and the indicator wasn't accurate.

I had another solution if the bad battery does continue. As I am not using it as a phone it doesn't need to be switched on all the time. The boot up time is actually very quick in less than a minute so I was planning on keeping it off when not needed for a while. However, hopefully the battery is going to last better now so that won't be necessary.

If it carries on with bad battery life it's another reason to not buy it to use as your primary phone. Not only do you look a tool holding it to your head or have to use a BT headset but you also wouldn't be able to keep it turned on all day in case someone calls.

this happened to me this morning aswell , without the train journey !!

Soldato
Storage
ROM
512 MB
RAM
512 MB
Expansion slot
1 user accessible MicroSD™ cardslot expandable to 32GB
Internal memory
2GB (for system & applications files only - not user accessible)

On o2 you get a 16gigcard installed.

Hmmm yeah must have been the preview models that only had 400mb or something.

Associate
Is the charger connection (at the phone end of the wire) dodgy with yours too? I notice it particularly when I plug my phone into the PC and the USB connection, disconnection notification sound plays when I move the phone to use it.

Associate
Is the charger connection (at the phone end of the wire) dodgy with yours too? I notice it particularly when I plug my phone into the PC and the USB connection, disconnection notification sound plays when I move the phone to use it.

My connection doesn't seem loose but I'll keep an eye on it. My battery has definitely improved. I left it on all day after about 11 and by the end of work it was down to 69% albeit with minimal useage. Still not perfect though as the half hour train trip of browsing has taken it down to 38% :( Not bad though considering it has run out by 3 O'clock on previous days. Really happy with it now and will be keeping it.

Now to sort out a decent keyboard!

Associate
Any one brought one of these from the carphone warehouse? If so can you confirm if they are sim locked to o2 or not please. Looking to buy one but use my orange sim in a sim free one from them.

Soldato
Does anyone know if you can get these with just a data plan as im thinking of buying one but not for use as a phone just as a 'tablet'...Thanks guys

Soldato
thats massive for a phone! not very practical. seems like youve stepped back a few years with regards to size

It's a hell of a lot more portable than an iPad, and still pocketable (as long as you don't wear skinny emo jeans ... and if you do you probably have an iphone anyway)

Being bigger makes it a much better device for web surfing.

Associate
I managed to get the usb charging wire swapped over at the o2 store, but only after whining sufficiently, they wanted to exchange the whole phone with box etc. It's working much better now which confirms the was an issue with the one I had. I am getting better battery life now too. It's still not great but will do I guess.
I am using it as a phone btw, perhaps I do look like a dork speaking into it but for me it's better than a bluetooth headset.
Cheers for your help.

Associate
One of the guys i work with has just got one of these with the data only O2 tarrif and i had a bit of a play with it and i must say that it is very nice, too big for a phone but ok for a pocket browser but a bit small for and everyday tablet.

Associate
Any one brought one of these from the carphone warehouse? If so can you confirm if they are sim locked to o2 or not please. Looking to buy one but use my orange sim in a sim free one from them.

Just tried my Vodafone sim card in a CPW bought device and it displays a Sim Locked Enter Code message.

So yup locked to O2 untill the exclusivity ends.

Back
Top Bottom