Intel Core i7-2630QM
6GB DDR3
3GB Nvidia GT555M graphics
1TB 7,200rpm HDD
DVD+RW
Windows 7 Premium
90Whr Battery

For £797?

Worth it? Or should I aim to go for a more powerful graphics card? I don't play many games (Mainly stuff like Dead Rising 2, Left 4 Dead, Half Life 2, Fallout 3) but I'm looking for a laptop and a replacement for my desktop with a Radeon 4670 and thought this might do the job?

Last edited:
Associate
i have near enough same spec as you, ive played half life 2 and garys mod and etw so far
and it handles them fine, paid slightly less as i got the 500gb version and 4gb ram
ive upgraded to 8gb ram myself because it was cheaper and thier is a spare slot for another hdd.

Associate
OP
Nope, not from the outlet. Just offers and a 10% off coupon.

It's got the x900 screen. I don't really fancy 3D nor £180 extra. :p I can always replace the panel myself if need be.

Grr, Dell really need to upgrade their websites though. I went for the 0% 12 months finance deal, and eSigned my agreement and then the website errors and now I'm in limbo. What a faff. Worth it to save £500 though.

EDIT: Should receive order confirmation in two hours, apparently. It's like they're making it deliberately difficult to take my money.
EDIT2: 6 hours later and I finally get it. Estimated del date of 5th of July. :/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom