Demon Souls PS5 Beginners Thread

Soldato
I think you guys are over thinking that boss.

Step 1: Run in with a big sword and whack her health off until she teleports.

Step 2: Hide behind a pillar until you figure out which one is the boss then run in with a big sword and whack the rest of her health off.

If you can't do that because you're running some scaredy cat magic build then shame on you! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I think you guys are over thinking that boss.

Step 1: Run in with a big sword and whack her health off until she teleports.

Step 2: Hide behind a pillar until you figure out which one is the boss then run in with a big sword and whack the rest of her health off.

If you can't do that because you're running some scaredy cat magic build then shame on you! :D

When I fought this boss - 2 hits wrecked me.

If I got caught in floor trap I was dead, owing to my scaredy cat magic build :p

In view of that, and the fact that I also have no shame, I ran away to hide at every available opportunity!! :D

Soldato
Thanks for the writeup @BuffetSlayer I had actually killed a certain person as the messages indicated this was what to do and I had to pray I wasn't being trolled. I've also rescued the one I can for now. Not had the balls to challenge the boss yet. Hope I can magic it to death.

Soldato
That ballista statue gives me the creeps. Well most the game does but for some reason that really did.
Sometimes on levels these sparkly lizards appear, I killed one once and it dropped some sharpstone I think. I'm guessing they probably drop something else.

Soldato
That ballista statue gives me the creeps. Well most the game does but for some reason that really did.
Sometimes on levels these sparkly lizards appear, I killed one once and it dropped some sharpstone I think. I'm guessing they probably drop something else.
Depending on the level they drop different upgrade materials.

Associate
Picked this up the other day. Spent about 6 hours on it and it's now uninstalled and going back to shop for refund or money off something else. Its bloody tedius and not fun. Hate the no save, death system. Spent 2 hours clearing a level only to have a ******* ghost red other player join and apparently kill me for no reason? What the hell. Why? I though it was a single player Rpg. I'll end up smashing the controller if I carry on. Shame as its gorgeous visually and I like the vibe of it.

All guides seemed to say royalty was best using magic but it seemed pretty crap and boring to me. Big mistake.

Associate
Picked this up the other day. Spent about 6 hours on it and it's now uninstalled and going back to shop for refund or money off something else. Its bloody tedius and not fun. Hate the no save, death system. Spent 2 hours clearing a level only to have a ******* ghost red other player join and apparently kill me for no reason? What the hell. Why? I though it was a single player Rpg. I'll end up smashing the controller if I carry on. Shame as its gorgeous visually and I like the vibe of it.

All guides seemed to say royalty was best using magic but it seemed pretty crap and boring to me. Big mistake.

Not to sound like an arse but I take it you've never heard of the Soulsborne series?

Soldato

Not to sound like an arse but I take it you've never heard of the Soulsborne series?

Can't you turn off the online element of the game?

Soldato
I hope this comes to PC sometime in the foreseeable future, either that or I get a PS5 at some point because I'm planning to, just not yet.

I guess the latter is more probable:p

Caporegime
I completed The Dark Souls remake on Xbox One X multiple times, but this is kicking my arse.

Started with a Royalty guy, who starts with ranged damage.

Manage to kill the first boss, the armoured spider and the Tower Knight...but on 2-2 I keep dying down the right hand side where the platforms down the mine are. I got stuck on 3-1, and those rolling skeletons on 4-1 are just annoying as hell and kill me too quickly.

Caporegime
I completed The Dark Souls remake on Xbox One X multiple times, but this is kicking my arse.

Started with a Royalty guy, who starts with ranged damage.

Manage to kill the first boss, the armoured spider and the Tower Knight...but on 2-2 I keep dying down the right hand side where the platforms down the mine are. I got stuck on 3-1, and those rolling skeletons on 4-1 are just annoying as hell and kill me too quickly.

I take it back.

Now I have the Crescent Falchion it's become suddenly quite easy.

Associate
I have and thought id give it a go. Its too stressful i feel and not fun. Same thing is stopping me buying Returnal.
That's fair enough - no harm in trying! It's a very Marmite series of games.

I'm the same with Returnal - I can normally only manage a few hours during the week and the no-save thing has really put me off. Annoying because the gameplay looks right up street.

Back
Top Bottom