1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demon Souls PS5 Beginners Thread

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Buddy, 21 Nov 2020.

1. PC777

Hitman

Just wrecked shop in Dark Souls with the Halbred + 15. Effective on boss, supposed to be good in Demon Souls too. Great range and big hitbox.

2. oli collett

Mobster

Yeah they can be tricky unless you're v good at parrying - soul arrows aren't much use against them. The one guarding the falchion is v easy to hit at a distance though!

3. Chaos

Soldato

4. monkeyspank

Soldato

I let them bounce off my shield(2nd strike) then get a few hits in.

5. Plainsong

Sgarrista

I like the halberd as well. Nice range and great damage later on. If you two-hand it you can wreck most things.

6. Wilko_Dog

Wise Guy

I’ve started as a wanderer I purely went for the Aladdin/Prince of Persia vibe character :D regretting my decision a little bit as I can die in one shot nearly, have done the 1st boss though so doing ok I think, still on original sword and shield for now

7. Katoom

Wise Guy

The Wiki is awesome.
    First time I went with BBS build, loved it while I got to grips with the game, 2nd time, NG+, crazy OP mage.

8. Katoom

Wise Guy

Shortcut through 4-1 then start farm and die at beginning of 4-2 for k's souls.

Nothing worse than stupid dieing before using k's souls.

9. Superpatsy

Hitman

Friend of mine is getting his ass handed to him and asked me for help but I can't seem to put my summon sign down? :confused:

Got it equipped and hitting square but the sign isn't going down - the character just isn't doing it.

10. redrooster303

Wise Guy

Doing a magic based character. Have my Kris sword and Crescent Falchion. Still got the royalty starting armour, not sure what I'm looking for to swap for that. First souls game and loving it so far, done the Phalanx, Tower Night and Spider bosses and they weren't too bad. Something tells me it gets quite a bit harder though :D.

Bloodborne is supposedly getting a remaster/60fps mode so can't wait to try that now.

11. Buddy

Wise Guy

Some guides assume that you're fully kitted and levelled out. Feels like I wasted an evening trying to beat the flamelurker as knight and getting one shotted. I then got lost in a prison. But luckily picked up a club.

Found a sequence guide which says I should do 4-1 after 1-1 and 2-1 (I've done 1-2). The club should help me with 4-1 now against the skeletons. I get its trying to be super hard but literally not telling you anything is bordering on stupid. Apparently, I shouldn't even bother with 2-2 until I've done the others (I at least got some items getting to the damn boss).

I can imagine some veterans reading this and sniggering to themselves :p

Last edited: 23 Nov 2020
  12. Plainsong

Sgarrista

To be honest, it doesn't really matter. You can do it how you like. It's all about the exploration. You will know where you should and shouldn't be depending on if you're getting hammered or not. This one is the easiest of all the Souls games.

13. Noxia

Sgarrista

Can some things just not be parried? In the tutorial bit I couldn't parry the blue eyed knight at all. Could be my timing of course.

14. Buddy

Wise Guy

Think it depends on the attacks type. The blue dude tends to do heavy attacks so you end up staggering.

15. Noxia

Sgarrista

So if you see a long wind up then you should dodge rather than try parry?

16. Buddy

Wise Guy

Yeh that's what I've learnt the hard way :p
    I got tentacled last night. That was an experience.

17. Plainsong

Sgarrista

I stay back from their attacks because a heavy blow will stagger you. I think they have two types. One a large one hit, which you can then hit them whilst the are recovering their lunge. The other is a three hit combo which you should stay way away from then hit them after the third jab. They hit hard but as you level you'll be able to one shot them. Almost everything else in early Boletaria will stagger if they hit your shield.

18. Converge

Mobster

That’s good to know but we’re talking about Demons Souls here, not your personal life... ;):p

Looking forward to getting this week and learning to ‘get gud’.

19. Wilko_Dog

Wise Guy

what do those numbers relate to ? 1-1 4-1 etc ?

20. montymint

Underboss