Derek Chauvin murder trial (Police officer who arrested George Floyd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I’d love to see the correlation between posters criticising the result here and posts supporting the UK racism report.

I once got suspended for calling a racist a racist. At least this thread makes it easier to identify the out and out racists.
It’s obvious that anyone that even questions the outcome is an out an out white supremacist even if they agree that the officer contributed to his death. Don’t you know that’s how it works?
@rare got it spot on.

Don
Thread temporarily closed, getting out of hand and moving too fast to be moderated properly at this time of night

Do not open alternate threads, this one will return

Don
Thread re opened

Please keep it reasonable

If you seen something you deem as unacceptable please report it, we will deal with it, do not respond yourself as your post will be dealt on it's own merits and what it is in reply to will not be mitigation

If things don't go well it could result in thread bans, forum suspensions/bans and closure of this thread

Thanks

Soldato
So it appears there are potentially four grounds for appeal - some clearly stronger than others.

1. Judges failure to move the trial
  2. Judges failure to sequester the jury
  3. Interference by Maxine Walters (and others) - which makes point 2 stronger
  4. The $27m payout by the city five days before jury selection.
A lot of people are saying that these four things made it almost impossible for him to get a fair trial.

There will be an appeal and I predict that at the very least Chauvins sentence will be drastically reduced, possible even some of the convictions vacated or a mistrial declared.

This ain't over folks....

Soldato
Due to the media attention and one sided reporting a fair trial was never going to happen, I suspect there will be an appeal and the trial overturned. I know the judge told the jury to avoid the news, but in this day and age its impossible, considering Duante Wright was shot and killed in the same neighbour hood as one of the jury, there is no way on earth they didn't hear about it.

The only winners in this entire escapade are the family of GF who have been given a life changing amount of money, who ever said crime doesn't pay.

Permabanned
It doesn't seem like the jury would have deliberated the evidence to any great extent. Ultimately the world had already found Chauvin guilty of murdering GF and the trial was politicised by the media to such an extent that the chance of a 'fair' trial for Chauvin was basically zero. Having listened to a large portion of the evidence it is a stretch to say he is guilty of the murder charges, but anything less would have lead to uproar. Same with the appeal - everyone knows that any success in appealing the decision will be spun as institutionalised racism.

I honestly could not think of a better example where receiving a 'fair' trial is basically impossible.

Soldato
It’s obvious that anyone that even questions the outcome is an out an out white supremacist even if they agree that the officer contributed to his death. Don’t you know that’s how it works?

No, but I suspect those that supported the findings of the report - that is, there is no institutional racism, fully back that report and I’ve seen posts stating that we must accept it. Whereas when a white police officer has been found guilty of murdering a black person then they think that is wrong and it must be overturned.
I find it funny that people state we must accept the findings of one report which suit their narrative whilst also stating that a another finding is wrong which goes against their narrative.

I also believe there are a large number of racists on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom