Derren Brown - outdone himself this time?

Associate
During the prediction episode, I think that the camera was moving so much to make people think that this was being held by an actual camera man, when in actual fact it's moving purposely to make you think that the screen can't be split because there's so much movement...

Still a disappointing outcome nonetheless.

Soldato
During the prediction episode, I think that the camera was moving so much to make people think that this was being held by an actual camera man, when in actual fact it's moving purposely to make you think that the screen can't be split because there's so much movement...

Still a disappointing outcome nonetheless.
The shot in the live show comes from the second cameraman for a few seconds (Derren waves to it) - you can see the main camera is held by a man :p

Oh and before you ask about the second cameraman...

It was claimed by Brown that the only other people in the studio were two camera operators, to avoid legal issues, and that the stunt had been authorised by Camelot, the National Lottery operators.

Soldato
I just don't think it's possible (or probable) that he used a 'system' to correctly predict the lotto numbers before the draw. Also equally unlikely that he rigged the lotto.
What's much more likely is that he just used a split screen to create the illusion he predicted the numbers.

I find it quite surprising that people actually believe he used a system, and actually knew the numbers before they were even drawn.

Soldato
Do people actually know what CGI is :p

The sooner you realise the balls were AFTER the lottery the better.

What's up for discussion is how he made it look legit on tv. I'm still going with split screen.

and thats why people like you dont enjoy watching movies or stuff like this, you just sit there, Cgi, Cgi, cgi, Cgi :rolleyes:

why do you watch it in the first place if you know its Cgi ? you must not enjoy anything you watch.

Associate
The shot in the live show comes from the second cameraman for a few seconds (Derren waves to it) - you can see the main camera is held by a man :p

Why would a professional camera man be so unsteady on his feet?

I think the effect was put there to make you think that a split screen wasn't possible because the camera work is so unsteady.

Associate
oh come on, there's no way in hell that there would even be the remotest possibility that there was any danger of a knife going through his foot but would be hard to convince yourself of that at the time I guess.

Soldato
the knife bit was kinda scary LOL, even though i have watched enough of this guys programs to know that it was not going to happen and there wasn't going to be a knife anyway, but was a little suprised that there was a live mouse but then it was under '13' :D

smr

smr

Soldato
OP
oh come on, there's no way in hell that there would even be the remotest possibility that there was any danger of a knife going through his foot but would be hard to convince yourself of that at the time I guess.

Which epitomises Derren Brown. He's the master of mind manipulation. I don't think of myself as the dullest person around but I got thinking tehre was a knife under one of the cups... people can be made susceptible to things quite easily, especially after a couple of kronenborgs :D

Soldato
Why would a professional camera man be so unsteady on his feet?

I think the effect was put there to make you think that a split screen wasn't possible because the camera work is so unsteady.
Do you know how much them cameras weigh! :eek:

Also - if it was split screen - which it wasn't :p - they would need to pause the first screen - tamper with the balls - and unpause the screen - the pause/unpause motion would not have been smooth and you'd have been able to tell.

Associate
The camera movement was the first thing that people probably pick up on.

I said to the GF how much the camera man was moving. I'm certain that many other people would have noticed and said / thought it.

Because you think the camera man is so unsteady, how could it possibly be a split screen image?

Soldato

Yeah, I knew they wasn't going to show a man get a knife in his foot and win 500k, but I still kept looking a way and making "ooh" noises.

I said to the GF how much the camera man was moving. I'm certain that many other people would have noticed and said / thought it.

Because you think the camera man is so unsteady, how could it possibly be a split screen image?

Because the left hand side freezes, but you can still see camera shake on the right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS8AK3F8_sY&feature=player_embedded (6:08 of this video)

Although I don't think it's split screen anymore.

smr

smr

Soldato
OP

if you watch the lottery result vid again, there's actually a "jump" in the camera work, as if transitioning from one shot to another... just look at the left or right hand side of the video for the duration of the vid as I can't remember which time its at... but the camera definitely jumps, as if to another shot in a different time frame.

Back
Top Bottom