Design me some website graphics :D

Soldato
Hey all,

Am creating a lovely new website but am stuck on the one part I completely FAIL at.... graphics....

Was wondering if any graphics gurus here could help me make some pretty buttons etc :)

The site doesn't really have a theme, just loadsa random stuff :)

Thanks

Soldato
OP
MNuTz said:
I would suggest that you look at a gfx program called GIMP, its an open source graphics program.

I tried it after a suggestion on here in im finding it great as i also suck at gfx.

Good button tutorials here:

http://gimp-tutorials.net/taxonomy/term/2

Trust me, 2 days in and im making some ok sigs. Easy to use and simple to understand.
Thanks :) I'm ok at doing the graphics (check out my rotating sig :D ) but I just can't get ideas for colour schemes and stuff like that :(

Soldato
Until you have an idea of the design and layout it is really hard for anyone to create anything for you.

Having lots of people designing blind will lead to a bit of a mish-mash.

EDIT: Just one other thing - it is quite possible to create a great looking website with hardly any graphics whatsoever. You really ought to create a design [sketch it or make a mock up in GIMP/Photoshop] so you know what you're working with and THEN you can work out what graphics [if any] are needed.

Soldato
Ok, its pretty standard now for a designer to ask : what is it being used to sell? Services... products... the website is designed around the concept, you can't just will a concept out of mid-air, it will clash or look generic.

Back
Top Bottom