-= Design Our New Logo & Win a XFX GeForce GTX 285 Black Edition Graphics Card =-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Here's my entry:

ocuklogo.jpg

ocukpagescreenshotwithm.jpg

I tried to capture what makes the original logo so easy to look at, and build upon that. So you have a logo with a similar sort of idiom, but slightly more modernised which is what the design brief set out.

Soldato
My first quick attempt, needs a lot of work & cleaning up (and tweaking + probably juggling around with colours and flag designs etc), but I have exams and will probably not get round to it in time :p

OcUK-logo.png

edit: final submission here: clicky

Last edited:
Soldato
So many of these entries just aren't logos.
Have too agree.. I think a good logo should work in a few flat colors with no gradients or fiddly-detail.

Using the Union Jack pattern as a fill on another shape looks amateurish because it's so busy.

No disrespect to the entrants, but IMO there's a big difference between a snazzy looking design and a properly realised logo.

Soldato
lol don't mean to **** on anyones parade here but i get the feeling that no one on here knows much about design, maybe with the exception of a couple of people

Surely a big company like ocuk needs a striking professional logo made by professional designers, instead of one made by some random board member :D

edit: well i suppose you've done well with the one you've got now which looks like it was knocked up in paint

Last edited:
Soldato
Surely a big company like ocuk needs a striking professional logo made by professional designers, instead of one made by some random board member :D

The rates charged by professionals will be considerably more than the price of the prize offered here however. : )

The logo doesn't need to be fancy anyway, keep it simple and recognisable. Use a max of 4 colours.

PS. I think they should leave behind the whole abbreiviated OCUK, the store is known as Overclockers, so there is really no connection. Logos should be incorporating the web address.

Last edited:
Soldato
Simple and effective.
Yep thats what I was going for. I was thinking of the practical side of things, like whether it will look suitable on a t-shirt yet still looking clean...

but like I said, there are many possible improvements to this, though I think it has potential :)

Associate
Surely a big company like ocuk needs a striking professional logo made by professional designers, instead of one made by some random board member

If you paid someone to design your logo and they gave you this:

vBulletin_logo7.gif

I think you would ask your customers to design you one next time too :rolleyes:

Associate
Back to the 2 colour ones... (wife is watching something rubbish on tv).

Black/Shop BG:
ocuk_b_bg_small.png

Blue/Forum BG:
ocuk_bl_bg_small.png

White/Paper BG:
ocuk_w_bg_small.png

Not expecting to win, passes the time though:)

Soldato
overclockers.jpg

Just something i quickly through together. I may have an attempt later on this week.

FYI i have no idea what a EPS is and how to make but ive saved the PSD.

Man of Honour
Professionals can make an equally bad hash of things (and charge you £20,000+ for the 'privilege'). This seems like as good an idea as any to me (it can always be 'refined' professionally later - that's another benefit of having the original vector files).

Have to agree with the comments about logo design though - there's an awful lot of very busy designs going on which aren't going to work very well when printed at about 1in high on a letterhead. Not my choice which one wins, just my 2p. :)

Soldato
Try and simplify a bit maybe?

ocuklogoset1.jpg

Middle one out of those 3 is the best one so far. closely followed by skippi's

The one below is a good idea too. I like the idea of having those layers passing over in a moving image for adverts.

Last edited:
Associate
Here's my entry...
ocuk.jpg

The pattern is made up of layers of semi-transparent blocks of red, white and blue. It can be made as long as needed to put across t-shirts, walls, on the top of the website, magazine adverts, stationery or even cars. The blocks could also be animated to change size and position for use in web adverts and screensavers.

I don't have the facility to make EPS files but I have a Fireworks PNG file at 10000x908, which could probably be converted to EPS. If you want any mock-ups of t-shirts, adverts, stationery drawing, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom