*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Associate
ietz.jpg

I also especially like the Bane art work. Wheres it from ?

Associate
My new desk finally setup, it actually came on Monday but I've been way to busy to set it up. Picked up my chair and it just so happened to be
on sale when I got there, half price too! I also got a new keyboard and mouse delivered just in time to get everything set up.

Along with my speakers and monitor, its basically a whole new setup besides the computer. Looks like I have some upgrading to do. :D

Its hard to take photos in my room as its so dark even with the light on, but my camcorder fared much better than my phone at taking these pictures
so I made use of it for once.

crz2.jpg

The monitor is an Acer S236HL, 23" 1080p LED with a glossy screen. It looks really beautiful playing darker games like Batman Origins. The contrast on
it is great, the blacks are really black and the whites stand out well rather than looking slightly blue (as I've noticed on other similarly priced monitors).

As for the speakers, I'm sure you guys can tell that they're Gigaworks T40 S2s. Not much to say about them that hasn't been said, they're about
the best 2.0 speaker setup you can get that fits on top of a desk. They have a surprising amount of bass.

4mfr.jpg

The desk came from Ikea, its the Ullrik storage leg and a Linnmon tabletop in black / brown. its 120 x 60cm and held up by 2 Sjunne legs on the left side.
The only niggle I have with this setup is that the Ullrik was supposed to come with some 'plastic bumpers to stop the tabletop from moving'.
The only plastic you get with it though are some ring shaped things you have to nail into the table and it doesn't really explain how they work? :confused:
The chair came from Argos and I got it for £35 instead of £70, supposedly a new price or something. I don't remember the name but its really comfy.

uk69.jpg

The keyboard and mouse, oh boy am I glad I got these. The best I've ever used and I'll never go back. The mouse is a Corsair Vengeance M65 and it
is sat upon a Corsair compact mouse pad. It glides across it really well and has a nice weight to it (also macros, yay!).

The keyboard is a Vengeance K70 keyboard with blue Cherry switches. Its so clicky and has big chunky keys that are all clunky when you press them down,
it really feels like I'm typing on an old typewriter or something. It just... ...it feels amazing.

ynpp.jpg

Now for those that are interested about the canvas on my wall, I hate it and have no idea where it came from. But its staying there until I get something
to replace it with, as it still looks nicer than massive screws protruding from the walls.

Compared to my old setup, this one is just awesome. I could say its about 100x better but its probably more like 100,000. I mean, I have a chair now.

Sorry for the bad quality, its hard to get good lighting in my room because the walls are orange.
In desperate need for a chair, actaully, I think I need to kit out my whole room with new furniture.

img20130428231551.jpg

img20130428231620.jpg

Associate
The desk came from Ikea, its the Ullrik storage leg and a Linnmon tabletop in black / brown. its 120 x 60cm and held up by 2 Sjunne legs on the left side.
The only niggle I have with this setup is that the Ullrik was supposed to come with some 'plastic bumpers to stop the tabletop from moving'.
The only plastic you get with it though are some ring shaped things you have to nail into the table and it doesn't really explain how they work? :confused:

that would be the feet u put on the bottom for people like me with hard floors ;)

i just used double sided tape

Last edited:
Permabanned
crz2.jpg

The monitor is an Acer S236HL, 23" 1080p LED with a glossy screen. It looks really beautiful playing darker games like Batman Origins. The contrast on
it is great, the blacks are really black and the whites stand out well rather than looking slightly blue (as I've noticed on other similarly priced monitors).
I have the same monitor, well 2 of them actually in a dual monitor setup.

Lovely monitors although the slim bezel seems pointless as there is still a bezel that would be present on a normal monitor anyway :confused:

Oh and there isn't a source change button which was a bit annoying when I had my ps3 connected.

Caporegime
NeilMick, looks great, I rejected the idea of using Ikea worktops...they're just not deep enough for a desk. The units on the left - could you not have hung those up on the wall? As they're taking up a chunk of valuable desk space :p.

Associate
So here she is..

jvk34GI.jpg

I got the cherry mx browns, I am not sure how they compare with the others, but man am I impressed with how it feels like to type on one of these again. I feel like I am back in high school using one of those BBC micros..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom