Desk Lighting.

Associate
OP
Oh well, there's my cheap way of getting a tan destroyed :p

Arg, i can't word my sentances properly, havn't been to sleep for a day and a bit, and it's too hot in here :cool:

At least I wont get a skin cancer tho!

NachT

Soldato
Yeh, if you could the products would not be on sale. :)

Only thing you can get from your PC is RSI, various sight problems from keeping your eyes focused to close and a belly. :p

No risk really, just googled it and it doesnt pop anything up at all just to be sure.

The cathodes do however make a huge draw on the PSU when turning on, just something to remember when you run them that they can blow cheap PSU's quite easily.

Associate
OP
I have 2x cathodes in my case ATM, these other 2 for external use should be much more strain i would have thought. My PSU is a Hyper. :)

Thanks for all your help mate, much appriciated! :D

Soldato
They should be fine, just be careful turning them all on at once.

I am cautious, but they do draw a lot on startup and x4 it could be a lot even for a Type-R as I asume thats the model. :)

Associate
OP
Yeah it's a Type-R.

Would it be safer to power the comp up, turn one set on, wait a few seconds then turn the other set on? :)

NachT

Soldato
Hiper Type-R psu. :p

*nice ninja! :(

Yeh staggered boot is much safer with them, they draw something along the lines of 400w each peaked, well some do.

x4 would mean the PSU needs a peak value of 1600w + PC ontop, which is a lot.

I was reading the values coming from a cheap cathode and I was horrified, more higher end ones are much better, but still have a draw around a graphics card and a bit on turning on.

Back
Top Bottom