Desktop Replacement - Alienware or XPS

Soldato
I'm in the market for a new laptop at the moment, I'm looking at the 15 inch dell XPS or the Alienware
budget is really up to maybe £1800 - the reason I'm going with dell is that I can get 3 year on site support with them through the company.
I'm running a bit of AutoCAD and Revit, a bit of photoshop and a bit of Lumion, now most of the specs are significantly better that the machines I have at the moment so they'll be a step up! I don't really need something ultra portable as it's likely to be between home and the office, I have another machine for going out on site.
I'm just not sure if there's a particular reason to go with one or the other
(or whether I'm limiting myself unnecessarily with the warranty thing)

Associate
Tiger Lake CPUs have made their way to the XPS13 but not the XPS15, may want to wait and see if they get the upgrade if you go down that route

Soldato
OP
Surprised they didn't offer a Lenovo Thinkpad P series as another option over the Alienware. I always assumed Alienware was a gaming brand for home use. Meanwhile the Thinkpad P series is a purpose built mobile workstation and usually well supported by most companies IT departments.

There isn't a "they" in this instance, it's just a me!
I know I can get either and from what I've read the components in the alienware are pretty decent so less of a worry as a work machine
Will check out the Thinkpad

Back
Top Bottom