Deus Ex: The Nameless Mod

Caporegime
Works fine, just patch it up and turn vsync on.

Not for me it doesn't, funny thing though, it worked on the Beta, worked when i upgraded to the 7068 build, but won't work on the release candidate, gets to the uncompressing files bit at the end of the install, and just hangs with not responding along the top of the box, so have to Task Manager kill it. :(

Soldato
Played this a while back. It's pretty good, but it lacks the story substance that Deus Ex has. It's nice to run around in lavishly interactive environments again, but it doesn't really do much for me. Still, probably the best single player mod for Deus Ex available.

Associate
Have I got any chance of getting Deux ex to work on Vista X64? I had big enough problems on vista 32..

Well I have it installed on x64 Vista and it gets to the main menu fine. Haven't tried playing it yet though.

EDIT: And no, not too ugly to not play. Textures are very low res but if you can look past it you'll have fun.

Soldato
It's ugly, but it's worth playing. Still the finest first person single player RPG IMO. An utter classic. Possibly the finest PC game to date (Edit: Deus Ex, not TNM, which I've downloaded but not installed yet).

Isn't there a hi-res download somewhere?

I actually remeber having the original game and it NAILED my pc back then! :D ...but I also can't really remember much about the game apart from it being 'good'.

I guess it's worth ~£6 from Steam then.

Soldato
Read the earlier part of the thread. See "HDTP" and "New Vision". Both are beta so not a full texture conversion though.

It's worth noting that for the hi-res mods, some faffing might be required if you use the Steam version. The HDTP, for example, uses a different .exe from regular Deus Ex. You need to have a copy of the original DE .exe to slightly mod so you can run HDTP with the Steam version.

Only a few minutes work, mind :)

Associate
I've just played the Sold Out edition of Deus Ex on W7 x64. The only problem I could come up with was the mouse was initially a bit too sensitive for my clumsy hand-eye coordination, and the mouse sensitivity couldn't be adjusted.

That said, the game played perfectly.

Soldato
I purchased this off of Steam, fired her up and started the training missions and everything came back to me! I can't remember what I did last week yet I can remember the decor and layout of Deus Ex - madness.

The graphics aren't 'that bad' so I'll crack on. :D

Soldato
I've just played the Sold Out edition of Deus Ex on W7 x64. The only problem I could come up with was the mouse was initially a bit too sensitive for my clumsy hand-eye coordination, and the mouse sensitivity couldn't be adjusted.

That said, the game played perfectly.

ah good will try myself later also have you used the wide screen mod for it on win7 ?

Back
Top Bottom