Dexter Revival Happening At Showtime, Michael C. Hall To Return

Soldato
I'm decidedly 'meh' about this, the quality fell off a cliff after season 4, I can't imagine this will be any good.

Hope i'm wrong though as early Dexter seasons were excellent.

Man of Honour
I seem to remember that seasons 3, 7 and 8 were duds but I quite enjoyed the rest. Will probably watch it.

Are people forgetting the season 3 arc with that politician guy? That really wasn’t great....

All of season 8 was a disaster. I completely stopped caring.

Soldato
OP
nice. Clyde Phillips is onboard as well (S1-4 showrunner) so definitely looking forward to this .

Least the showrunner from the 1st 4 seasons is coming back too so hopefully it'll be Trinity Killer levels again and not what we got after season 4.

Exactly, it's why I hold hope that it might make up for the awful finale.

Associate
It started out great but by the end it was basically an unintentional comedy series.

I still watched the later series and even enjoyed them a bit as a comedy, the season with Jimmy Smits in it was hilarious in places.

Permabanned
I would give it a watch, in hope it's more on the level of the earlier seasons. Can barely remember anything past Season 6.

Are people forgetting the season 3 arc with that politician guy? That really wasn’t great....

What? I really liked EP3. Miguel was a clever adversary and the back and forth game vying for leverage over one another made for an entertaining series.

Probably my second favourite after the Bay Harbour Butcher! Easily the best season.

Season one, ironically, my least favourite of the 4.

Associate
Miguel was the Jimmy Smits character, right? Maybe it was funny earlier than I thought if that's still season three, but he was still a highly watchable character in it IMO, definitely chewing the scenery a bit but in a highly entertaining way.

John Lithgow was good in it as well as a comedy style villain, but he's always good in that role.

Dexter really got bad later on when they started having too many storylines around his sister.

Back
Top Bottom