DFI 975XG and E6600 up and running!

Associate
If I can hit 400 FSB with the DFI and an E6700, that should be 4GHz...which is still fairly great I suppose ;)

Is the 380-400 FSB limit a problem that DFI could fix with a BIOS update, or is it going to be a case of a new motherboard in the future to get any higher?

Thanks

Associate
OP
The DFI board is an Infinity, the good overclockers are the Lanparty's which have not been released yet for Conroe.

Out of all the Gigabyte boards the only good clocker is the ds3, even then it only really performs with 2mb cache cpu's. Secondly most of their COnroe range does NOT support Crossfire.

ATM there is no real king, but with the newer bios installed the Asus is certainly perfoming better than most, even then there are certain serial numbers that perform better.

I bought the DFI as a stop-gap, at this moment in time there is no baord I would consider a real gem for overclocking, for milder stuff the DFI, Badaxe and Asus do fine.

Regards
Raja

Soldato
On the amd side of things, the infinity wasnt cut down exactly - it clocked just as well or better then the lanparty. It was more a case of the lanparty had lots more luxury extras like glow in the dark bits and a carry case for lan parties, etc

I was just reading the about the DQ6, 12 phase VRM and something like 36 mosfets. 100% overkill but needed for quad core apparently.

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=3745&s=9

Havent seen a review of ds3 yet

Associate
OP
silversurfer said:
On the amd side of things, the infinity wasnt cut down exactly - it clocked just as well or better then the lanparty. It was more a case of the lanparty had lots more luxury extras like glow in the dark bits and a carry case for lan parties, etc

I was just reading the about the DQ6, 12 phase VRM and something like 36 mosfets. 100% overkill but needed for quad core apparently.

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=3745&s=9

and a lovely fsb max of 360..

Associate
OP
8 hours of Prime 95 stable, even in these hot conditions.

http://img96.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dfistreetscreenad4.jpg

This cpu is an ES so was not speed binned, there is more left in the cpu for sure (should go up to 3.85ghz) , just need a motherboard that can do the business.

Hopefully some guys will post there findings in a few weeks so we can see how well the retails ones will compare.

regards
raja

Associate
OP
375 is the max fsb on my setup, remember running raid 0 and Crossfire reduces the fsb max by 10-20.

Bios is 0707 beta.

Before you ask, yes I have tried overvolting the NB and active cooling with a fan too.

Last edited:
Associate
raja said:
Hi,

Yes I'm still getting the fault. Maybe it's cos I have a E6600 Stepping 5 B1 ES..

Regards
Raja

No, I've just stuck a retail x6800 in one and I have the same issue. Not the end of the world, just a bit irritating.

Associate
OP
Have you flashed to 0707 bios?

That won't cure it, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Use the multiplier to OC that cpu, as it's fully unlocked, 1:1 should give an fsb max of 320-340 depending on hardware configuration (Crossfire and Raid 0 = 320fsb max @ 1:1).

320x12 should be what you're aiming for, if using air, try around 1.26vcore + 150mv.

Set pcie freq to 101 if you need to.

Let me know how you get on, as it will certainly be interesting to see how these retail stepping CPU's work out.

I'm glad I posted about the 5 sec issue, as some users may have rma'd without knowing they could boot up at all..

regards
Raja

Associate
Thanks Raja...

Yeah I initially used the onboard power up button after it failed so I knew it was okay. It was then I remembered reading you had the same issue.

Just gonna flash to 707. I'll let you know how I get on with the clocks. :)

Caporegime
cyclepath said:
No, I've just stuck a retail x6800 in one and I have the same issue. Not the end of the world, just a bit irritating.

sorry whats the issue?

that you cannot get higher on the fsb?

raja said:
Hi,

Yes I'm still getting the fault. Maybe it's cos I have a E6600 Stepping 5 B1 ES..

Regards
Raja

I have the same chip and get 400 fsb no problem

Associate
OP
It's powerup issue not the fsb, read back over the thread please.

I already answered your question on why I could not go higher on the fsb, read back through the thread please.

Please read our previous responses before you reply to an issue.

This is the third time I have responded to your fsb question in this thread, and you have not bothered to read it, from the sound of things.

It seems you drop a statement here, then don't bother checking the reply, then you come back and make a similar statement again.

I'm not trying to be nasty, but the answers are already here, the thread is not that long either.

regards
Raja

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom