1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dfi Expert wierd issue

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by [Death], 17 Jun 2006.

1. [Death]

Wise Guy

ok, i have been using my Nvidia network port for some time now, decided to hook up my other comp with ics, so i made sure that the Marvell was enabled in the bios. but no matter what , no lights will come on when a cable is in, its like its not working at all. i tried the usb ports that are part of that socket and they are fine. any ideas?

2. PinkFloyd

Capodecina

Have you installed the marvell drivers?

3. [Death]

Wise Guy

yea, the card doesent even show up in windows, its like its turned off in the bios....yet it isnt :)

4. ted34

Wise Guy

It sounds like a dodgy marvell port but id try a different bios just to check. Also are you sure you have it turned on in the bios and you have been through every section of the bios to make sure theres nothing else disabled?

5. [Death]

Wise Guy

yea its controled in the genie part of the bios. on / off makes no difference , still not available, i will upgrade to latest bios later just to check, if not i guess its RMA just for 1 port....damnit!

6. [Death]

Wise Guy

well updated to latest bios, still no luck, DAMNIT!

7. ted34

Wise Guy

Do you definitely need a 2nd port? I tried to use 2 before to bridge a connection so my laptop could get www but it never worked - windows networking is useless

8. [Death]

Wise Guy

i used to use both on my asus, had it set perfect, just does my head in, bought this board last month! . ah well, ill just buy a router i guess

9. ted34

Wise Guy

Might be easier than an rma - wait till something else dies on the board first