1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dfi lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by tickle me elmo, 12 May 2006.

1. tickle me elmo

Gangster

just got one of these and wondering a few things before i use it.

1. do i need the sata disk to install windows 2000, or can i set the sata2 to ide mode ?
    2. which bios is reccomended for a 146 and 1gb bh5 4x256 ?
    3. download latest drivers from dfi site ?

cant think of anything else, except, do u think i could delete all chipset drivers and install the sata drivers before changing from my asrock 939 and win2k will work ok if ide mode is not available ?

2. Street

Sgarrista

I've always needed the SATA disk to install XP with mine, assume its the same with 2000.
    I would download the 704 BIOS, you can probably find it over at DFI Street seems reliable enough for me and its ironed out most of the bugs from the earlier versions:)

3. tickle me elmo

Gangster

well the f6 method never works for me, always says it cant copy the file :rolleyes:

so anyone know what sata driver i need so i can make a slipstreamed win2k cd ?

4. Super Tigers

Wise Guy

I set Sata mode to IDE and turned off SATA raid and Windows XP sp2 happily installed onto my 80gig SATA maxtor drive without any problems or need for any drivers.
    With SATA mode set to IDE then you see 8 IDE devices on boot up and no driver is needed, if any of them are RAIDed then you will need a driver disk.

Wish all the best with your mobo, had mine about a month now and I love it! Fantastic tweakers board and all of those Dram options are really cool!!

Rob H

5. malccy

Wise Guy

6. tickle me elmo

Gangster

thanks i didnt know there was an ide mode :)

yea i looked on dfi-street and the bios settings thread, theres about 15 billion options :p

7. Super Tigers

Wise Guy

Happy to be of help. Flash to the latest bios and the Ultra-D is a rock stable motherboard at present I have an origional old Winchester 3000+ at 248mhz FSB with Ram at 1:1 and it is running very sweetly. The old Winnie will be replaced shortly by a 3700+ now they have come down to £130inc vat. Might come down a little more once am2 comes out.

Rob H