1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dfi lp ultra d s939 question

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by jimmy_lazers, 20 Oct 2009.

1. jimmy_lazers

Gangster

On the board there is a 4 pin power connection described as 5v/12v FFD-type. What is this? I don't have an appropriate adapter. It's not the Molex connector or the square 12v one.
    Its near the PCi-e connectors and the CPU. If I have to buy a special adapter, I am killing the next person I see. BE WARNED.

EDIT: Oh floppy disk drive, I do have that adapter. But why does it want me to plug that in there?

Last edited: 20 Oct 2009
  2. pastymuncher

Man of Honour

MY DFI X48 board has this as well. It's for additional power if running a pair of high end cards in crossfire. If running a single card it's not needed.

3. kitfit1

Mobster

Yes, you do plug the floppy drive power connector in to it. It isn't just for SLI though. It also provides more power to the M/B and in particular to the power delivery circuits. If you are going to clock the board, then you will need the floppy connector plugged in. It will give you both a higher and more stable clock.

4. jimmy_lazers

Gangster

Well I just pluged it it. Who needs a floopy drive anyways?

5. pastymuncher

Man of Honour

Well i don't use it on my X48 and my rig is perfectly stable at 4.5Ghz. It states in the manual that it's only needed if using more than one graphics card.