1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DFI nf3 Ultra D Overclocking?

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Cody, 11 Apr 2006.

1. Cody

Gangster

I just got this today - swappped from the Asrock Dual SATA to get more voltage options to hopefully get closer to 3Ghz.

I can get the board into Windows with 2.2Ghz with my Opteron 146 but when I try 230 it just restarts :( I has the chip folding and prime stable at 2.6Gz on the Asrock.

I think it's either the memory timings being too tight and someone can advise me :) or the board doesn't like my Geil Value RAM :(

HT : 4, Mem : 2 2 5 2, 2T, Max MemClock 100 (have also tried 133,166), AGP tried at 66,67,68, voltage set to +.2 (1.28 + .2 = 1.48)

2. Mr Paul

Soldato

Your best off posting over at DFI street mate. That board is very picky....

3. Cody

Gangster

I did it's sorted now - currently at 2.8Ghz @ 1.312v |(don't know how accurate cpu-z is on that) Aparrantly the SATA bus on ports 1 & 2 is not locked you have to use 3 & 4. WTF :confused: they design a motherboard with lots of overclocking options but you can't use the primary SATA ports.

4. Cyber-Mav

Capodecina

make sure you test for stability properly otherwise you can end up with a corrupted OS.

i use snm to test the cpu for stability and for the ram i use memtest test 5 and 8 and goldmemory 6.92

5. MikeTimbers

Soldato

I got one on the MM which then died but I still bought another one. Great boards but really complex to set up. I read a bunch of stuff on dfi-street about the memory sockets, SATA ports, BIOSes etc.