** Diablo 2 Resurrected Thread **

Soldato
I literally squealed. This is in my top 3 of all time and it looks great! Been after a remaster for so long and didn't think it would happen when they said they'd lost the source files or whatever :)

It's being done by Vicarious Games, and the shiny 3D is overlayed over the original graphics and mechanics, so I have faith it will be like the original! :D :D Excited!

Good interview / detail / reassurances(!) below:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So... Is this just to sign up or is there a download somewhere?

Just a sign-up. If you're selected when they start it, then you'll get an email letting you know (and will likely have access to it from the Battle.net app).

Associate
Hmmm, I'm approaching this with caution for now given the recent firestorm with Warcraft 3. Visually it looks great, I kinda wished that D4 more followed this dark 2d style as it really oozes atmosphere. Gameplay wise I wonder what's gonna happen here, are we going to get some quality of life features and some tweaks to bring it up to date a little? or are we literally just going to get a 1:1 remake with better visuals?

I think I'd be much less excited with the latter as although it's still a really fun game, I felt as though time had finally passed it by somewhat the last time I played as I couldn't shake the feeling of a little clunkiness to it at times.

Soldato
It's being done by Vicarious who they bought recently, and they have an amazing track record with remakes, so it's not going to be like that I'm sure. Don't make me cry. :(

The Panel with MrLlamaSC on Diablo II: Resurrected Deep Dive video is answering a ton of my reservations and questions. Anyone truly interested in Diablo 2 NEEDS to watch this. This certainly isn't WC3.

Also confirmed to be released THIS YEAR.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wiki says Acti bought them in '05
"Activision Blizzard has confirmed that Vicarious Visions, the developer behind such titles as Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 and Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, is officially being merged into Blizzard Entertainment"

Sorry, I misunderstood. This is the actual happenings that I was thinking of. Reported on 22nd Jan 2021.

Don
Gameplay wise I wonder what's gonna happen here, are we going to get some quality of life features and some tweaks to bring it up to date a little? or are we literally just going to get a 1:1 remake with better visuals?

Some minor quality of life updates (e.g. additional shared stash between characters), toggle to auto pick up gold etc

Back
Top Bottom