1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

** Diablo 2 Resurrected Thread **

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Teaf, 19 Feb 2021.

1. Teaf

Sgarrista

[​IMG]

Links

Official website
    Store page

Release date
    On or before December 2021

Beta/Alpha
    You can opt-in on the official website and through your Battle.net account

• They game will be usable with modern resolutions and frame rates
      • 21:9 resolutions are supported, as well resolutions up to 4320p (8k)
      • Frame rates are not capped on PC
    • The PC version will have controller support.
    • Mod support will be in the game
    • The game will be based on Patch 1.14.
    • The game comes with Lord of Destruction, and also includes a classic mode
    • The game art is redesigned identical to the original, and then improved with art based on original Diablo 2 concept designs by Blizzard North
    • All of the cinematic content has been remastered
    • The game logic is still based on the 25 FPS cycles, however, the new renderer allows the game to run at higher FPS while not breaking game systems, giving a smoother feel to game play
    • There will be a shared stash without needing a mod like Diablo 2
      • The shared still will be split between offline, online, and ladder. You won't be able to transfer any items or money between these different types of characters.
    • There will be ladder seasons but reduced in length
      • They haven't stated exactly how long the ladder seasons will be, but they did state that they want them to be shorter (they are currently 6 months long). The expectation would be that they will be the same length as Diablo 3 seasons (3 months).
    • They have implemented zoom functionality
    • There is still online and offline play
      • Online is up to 8 players simultaneously
    • Trading and PvP are still in the game
    • Item comparison tool tips are included but it won't suggest gear for upgrades
    • Characters won't expire anymore so you don't have to refresh them
    • There's no regional server separation anymore and you can play with anyone
    • Automatic gold pickup is included, but it's a toggle if you want to disable it
    • They will be actively tackling bots, duping, and cheating

Last edited: 23 Feb 2021
  2. SS-89

Sgarrista

Yep intrigued looked good from the snippets but given WC3 reforged I'm cautious.

3. agnes

Capodecina

This, and the HUGE fps drops in the above video. I will be waiting until it's fully out.

4. Frubeling

Wise Guy

I might finally try to stomach the horrible feeling levelling process at last when this comes out. Way more interesting than D4

5. chroniclard

Capodecina

hmmm, feels like something that just didnt need doing to me.

6. Converge

Mobster

I literally squealed. This is in my top 3 of all time and it looks great! Been after a remaster for so long and didn't think it would happen when they said they'd lost the source files or whatever :)

It's being done by Vicarious Games, and the shiny 3D is overlayed over the original graphics and mechanics, so I have faith it will be like the original! :D :D Excited!

Good interview / detail / reassurances(!) below:

Last edited: 20 Feb 2021
  7. .Lethal

Soldato

Diablo 2 Alpha Opt in link here

8. Throrik

Wise Guy

Here come's the RSI again.

9. agnes

Capodecina

So... Is this just to sign up or is there a download somewhere?

10. Teaf

Sgarrista

Just a sign-up. If you're selected when they start it, then you'll get an email letting you know (and will likely have access to it from the Battle.net app).

11. .Lethal

Soldato

As above, if selected you'll be notified via email and it'll be activated on your battle.net account and accessed via the launcher.

12. LeMson

Mobster

blizz do smashing remakes don't they >_<

#wIIIr

13. Converge

Mobster

It's being done by Vicarious who they bought recently, and they have an amazing track record with remakes, so it's not going to be like that I'm sure. Don't make me cry. :(

14. Parky

Wise Guy

Hmmm, I'm approaching this with caution for now given the recent firestorm with Warcraft 3. Visually it looks great, I kinda wished that D4 more followed this dark 2d style as it really oozes atmosphere. Gameplay wise I wonder what's gonna happen here, are we going to get some quality of life features and some tweaks to bring it up to date a little? or are we literally just going to get a 1:1 remake with better visuals?

I think I'd be much less excited with the latter as although it's still a really fun game, I felt as though time had finally passed it by somewhat the last time I played as I couldn't shake the feeling of a little clunkiness to it at times.

15. .Lethal

Soldato

The Panel with MrLlamaSC on Diablo II: Resurrected Deep Dive video is answering a ton of my reservations and questions. Anyone truly interested in Diablo 2 NEEDS to watch this. This certainly isn't WC3.

Also confirmed to be released THIS YEAR.

Last edited: 20 Feb 2021
  16. loftie

Wise Guy

Wiki says Acti bought them in '05

17. Converge

Mobster

"Activision Blizzard has confirmed that Vicarious Visions, the developer behind such titles as Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 and Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, is officially being merged into Blizzard Entertainment"

Sorry, I misunderstood. This is the actual happenings that I was thinking of. Reported on 22nd Jan 2021.

18. LeMson

Mobster

Thps1 was what 20 years ago? prolly a whole new staff now :p

19. Armageus

Don

Thps1 was by neversoft. The recent remaster thps1+2 was by vicarious visions and was very good.

20. Armageus

Don

Some minor quality of life updates (e.g. additional shared stash between characters), toggle to auto pick up gold etc