Diagnose audio distortion in microphone audio input

Soldato
I have made a video however it doesn't help because the quality which youtube is using has eliminated the background distortion caused by enabling microphone boost. Trouble is without it, I do not have a sensitive enough microphone to hear myself.

Copy paste of the video description:
"
This is a microphone check video. I speak right at the end of the 1min clip. There is some distortion due to needing to turn on boost mic in the control panel. I would like advice on how to fix this distortion noise. Microphone is speedlink spez, sound card is Asus Xonar dx 5.1; my headphones (which I just bought and am happy with) Audio Technica M50x (with detachable wire).

I'm recording with Radeon Relive @ 30Mbit/s 60hz. Note: I recorded @ 1440p but 1080p is the highest quality option and its got terrible quality (not what I uploaded), also the sound distortion I can hear in my video played back on my PC is not present in the youtube video.

As I see it I have some options:
1). Buy an amplifier for the mic (expensive).
2). Buy a new sound card (might not be the problem).
3). Buy a new microphone which costs £35 rather than £5 of the Spez: https://www.audio-technica.com/en-gb/catalog/product/view/id/6740/s/atr3350xis/
"
Edit: There is a fourth option: test with onboard sound (at least for input).

Back
Top Bottom