1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DICE's problem fix to EA's mess

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by [TFU] Thegoon84, 8 Mar 2010.

1. [TFU] Thegoon84

Soldato

EDIT: thread header is wrong, this is DICE's problem sorry.

Looks like DICE are stopping any1 from setting up a new server in order to stop people disconnecting or am i reading this wrong?:

Quote from Bazajaytee:

2. [TFU] Thegoon84

Soldato

Also this post... all EA offical servers have been taken down.

3. linktoinsanity

Underboss

hmmm....ok. Well at least they see that the slow browser is a problem. Hopefully this means there will be a fix soon...

4. Raumarik

Capodecina

Why during beta was:

1. The reports of the slow server browser not looked at? I reported it at least twice and several others mentioned it on just about every forum I was in during that month.

2. Punkbuster never enabled on servers? This was also pointed out during the beta CONSTANTLY by people taking part - it's not a proper test if you leave certain elements turned off.

3. Meh.

5. barmyllama

Man of Honour

The large amount of pre orders, beta participants and the fact that the beta had the same server problems should have been warning enough.

But there were lots of things in the beta that alot of people wanted changing or adding, in the end the beta did very little to get a solid product onto people's PC's.

Glad I cancelled my per order, I will wait for at least a couple of patches before I even consider buying it.

This is from a someone who's second most played game ever was BF2.

6. ic1male

Caporegime

Ooh, glad I saw this now. My finger was hovering over the Buy button in Steam but I thought I would check on here to see what the oracles had to say. :D Will hold off for some patching, then.

7. [TFU] Thegoon84

Soldato

The longer you wait the more you'll be gutted when you get it. I personally have had no problems with disconnects bar when EA server went down.

It takes a while to rank up and unlock the guns, sooner you start the better.

8. pumaz

Soldato

Yeah buy it now it ages to rank up unlike MW2