Did I get a good deal?

Associate
Just bought the following for £350, did I get a good deal? 2nd hand by the way.

Nikon D70 camera body

Sigma 28-200 f3.5-5.6 lens (including Hoya Skylight 1B)

Sigma EF-500 DG Super Flash gun (plus diffuser)

Nikon ML-L3 IR remote

Nikon BM-4 LCD screen protector

2Gb Microdrive

Tamrac T5502 camera bag

Spare Battery plus battery adapter

Nikon MH-18 fast charger

Associate
Colin_da_Killer said:
I would say you struck gold! It is almost too good... I'd be looking for the catch...

I recently bought a 2nd hand D70 + nikkor 18-70mm + 2 batteries + lens hood and a 1GB and 512mb CF cars for £380

Sorry to change the angle of the thread but i noticed in your sig colin that you have the sigma flash and was just after your opinion of it. Was looking to get one also, but I have a D50 and have heard of people that are having issues getting it to communicate with the camera properly. Thanks

Permabanned
Wile E. Coyote said:
Sorry to change the angle of the thread but i noticed in your sig colin that you have the sigma flash and was just after your opinion of it. Was looking to get one also, but I have a D50 and have heard of people that are having issues getting it to communicate with the camera properly. Thanks
It meets my needs entirely. I do want to get a diffuser and a softbox hood for it too which will make it even more awesome, but for the price, I can't find any faults with it.

The one thing I wish it did had (but it can be got around) is, it has no flash sync cord plugin... so instead u need to get 2 hotshoe heads with the sync plugin adapter (male) and get a 2 way lead (2 female ends) if you want to use the flash off camera.

Hope that helps :)

Caporegime
Colin_da_Killer said:
It meets my needs entirely. I do want to get a diffuser and a softbox hood for it too which will make it even more awesome, but for the price, I can't find any faults with it.

The one thing I wish it did had (but it can be got around) is, it has no flash sync cord plugin... so instead u need to get 2 hotshoe heads with the sync plugin adapter (male) and get a 2 way lead (2 female ends) if you want to use the flash off camera.

Hope that helps :)

Doesn't nikon make a off shoe sync cord? tbh with you, I have never used mine for my SLR and now DSLR, easier just to bounce it off really. To use the sync cord you really need 3 hands or put the camera on a tripod.

Associate
OP
Anyone have an e-version of the D70 manual as I didnt get 1 with my camera?

Tried google but the link to the Nikon site is no longer valid.

FOUND IT NOW!

Last edited:
Caporegime
The cord basically extend the flash off the camera while maintaining all the function of the E-TTL. It's very simple principle but the cable (IRC) wasn't cheap for what it is.

With it on, it looks like this. If you cacn imagine holding the camera, which I usually use 2 hands, you'll either need someone else to point the flash or put the camera on the tripod and hold the flash yourself and set the camera off with a cable release.

img3229ud0.jpg

Caporegime
Colin_da_Killer said:
I think you missed the point that the Sigma flash I have, doesn't have that socket to plug the flash sync cord into...

Therefore I need 2 of these...

AJESSCA211019267.jpg

and a sync lead with a male adapter at each end.

The Canon doesn't either, the cord just simulate both sides of the hot shoe, one end for the camera, the other for the flash.

I also have one of your little thing you posted there, my EOS30 doesn't have that socket, and it is the only way connecting it to studio flashes.

Back
Top Bottom