Diesel drops 5p a litre overnight

Soldato
69.5ppl for on LPG

enjoy pay silly money fools :D:D

That's 85p compared to petrol so a 50p per litre saving, in my case it would take 3780 litres for the saving to pay for the conversion, that's 840 gallons which is over two years of fuel, I can't say for certain I will have the car in 2+ years so a waste of money for me.

Don
I want fuel prices to go up some more. Means less people on MY roads.

In all seriousness though, even with the crude price falls we've seen recently, it's just a blip. Until a credible alternative is on the horizon, speculators will always bet on oil.

Associate
Filled up this morning at Asda on my way to work to take advantage of this blip.

135.7 per litre was entirely more palatable than the 144.9 i had to pay last weekend, i know £4.50 isnt a vast amount to save but every little helps.

Caporegime
£7.50 an hour, to the average morrisons customer i wouldnt have thought that is bad....

£7.50? The calculation I was referring to isn't scaleable like that :D.

I was saying that if the average fill up was 50 litres and the saving per litre was 5p, then customers are queueing for ages to save £2.50. The 20 minutes was just a supposition, if they're waiting for an hour then they still only save £2.50 (maybe less as half of them will be leaving the engine running) compared to going round the corner and getting straight onto a pump.

Man of Honour
£7.50? The calculation I was referring to isn't scaleable like that :D.

I was saying that if the average fill up was 50 litres and the saving per litre was 5p, then customers are queueing for ages to save £2.50. The 20 minutes was just a supposition, if they're waiting for an hour then they still only save £2.50 (maybe less as half of them will be leaving the engine running) compared to going round the corner and getting straight onto a pump.

What are you blabbering on about, it's hardly going to take an hour to queue for petrol. We don't live in Libya.

Soldato
I stopped at a Sainsburys a week or two back for fuel. It was up near Cheltenham somewhere.

Diesel was 132.9ppl. I think it must have been a pricing error.

I've had a petrol car the past week and the difference between a 55l tank of petrol compared with a 55l tank of diesel is about £3 I note.

Back
Top Bottom