Diet breaking conundrum

Associate
Eating all of the eggs in one go or melting them down and eating the gradually is no different. You are still taking in the same calories. You will get a taste for chocolate again and it will not stop there.
Give them away to someone else will make you feel much better. A diet is for life so you will have to change your eating habits for good. Taking up exercise like running will make a huge difference to your diet and will allow you to eat more of the things you like without putting on weight. I'm not saying treat yourself every day but occasionally. I run twice a week and this allows me to have plenty of beers on a sat night without any weight gain. I always watch what I eat but a weekly treat would be fine.

Eat sensibly and exercise is all you need to do.

Man of Honour
This place makes me laugh, I don't think a single person has actually answered either of the questions the OP posted have they?

Yes it'll reset, no it should come out of the trays fine as long as it's cold.

Associate
Maybe not but people are trying to help with his diet rather then the initial questions. Actually, we have answered his question as in don't eat them in the first place then you won't need an answer.

Man of Honour
Maybe not but people are trying to help with his diet rather then the initial questions. Actually, we have answered his question as in don't eat them in the first place then you won't need an answer.
There's nothing wrong with some chocolate in your diet, the only thing completely cutting out something like this will generally lead to is binges of the forbidden fruit. Even when wanting to lose weight it's all about balance.

I've lost large amounts of fat, kept muscle mass and gotten the fittest I've ever been while enjoying 200kcals worth of whatever snack I facied which is normally crisps/chocolate biscuit or something like that.
The plus side is it removes that feeling of being on a weight loss diet.

Soldato
There's nothing wrong with some chocolate in your diet, the only thing completely cutting out something like this will generally lead to is binges of the forbidden fruit. Even when wanting to lose weight it's all about balance.

I've lost large amounts of fat, kept muscle mass and gotten the fittest I've ever been while enjoying 200kcals worth of whatever snack I facied which is normally crisps/chocolate biscuit or something like that.
The plus side is it removes that feeling of being on a weight loss diet.

Nutrition-related threads and diet advice outside of Sports Arena are always :(:rolleyes:

Caporegime
I'm a bit chonkier than you and need to start a diet again soon... I occasionally manage to give up drink and junk food for a few months, and lose a couple of stone. Then the cheat days get more frequent, then I get back where I am now, eating and drinking way too much.

But you arent me. If you think your method would work, do it. Or treat yourself to one and give two away as someone else suggested.

Definitely don't bin them, I'm surprised people suggested that. Very wasteful.

Soldato
OP
Update: This weekend I set about melting it all down. It turns out I'd also been given a lindt chocolate rabbit and a ferrero Rochet squirrel. Here's the entire haul:

PXL-20210409-201616142.jpg

I wanted to melt the rabbit whole, like at the end of Terminator 2, but the missus said I needed to break up all of the chocolate and start with a small amount. Here it is, broken up and ready for melting. Yes I did do WWF style elbow drops on the eggs to crack them:

PXL-20210409-202028530.jpg

The chocolate melted down into 1 bowl of yummyness:

PXL-20210409-204042470.jpg

After being poured into ice cube trays and left overnight, I popped them out of the trays:

PXL-20210410-081544983.jpg

The ones in the small ice cube trays came out with a Matt finish and some of the ones in the big ice cube tray came out looking like they were made in a chocolate factory, and some didn't:

PXL-20210410-082454325.jpg

I don't care, they're both delicious. Even the small cubes are pretty big, so I decided to cut them all in half and make smaller morsels:

PXL-20210410-082627607.jpg

The final total is 50 small chocolates and 26 big ones, now individually wrapped in tin foil, I missed a trick by not keeping the original foil egg wrapping, but would've needed more anyway. There's some lindt balls in with the big ones, obviously no coconut balls though:

PXL-20210410-084437997.jpg

A small chocolate is approximately 8grams and 43 calories, and a big chocolate is approximately 12.5 grams and 67 calories. So, I've enough chocolate to last over 2 months. If I've had a good day calorie-wise, I can treat myself to a big chocolate after dinner, and if I'm nearing my daily calorie limit, I can have a little chocolate after dinner and it's not the end of the world.

kai

kai

Soldato
Sorry, but i find this silly. You have been dieting 3 months yet tempted by 3 eater eggs. The fact you are tempted means, its clearly not something that's maintainable. Dieting should not be restricting foods you love or willing to give into temptation the moment or even occurs i.e. Easter etc. What happens at Christmas, Birthday, when restaurants start opening back up?

All foods are are perfectly fine in balance and moderation. There is more to life than working out 8 grams of chocolate at 43 calories.

I controlled my diet for 8 years, whereby i weighted each gram of food, tracked intake of everything. It took me a long that time to realize i could achieve almost the same diet by being more flexible and actually enjoying chocolate and alcohol on evenings and weekends. People over complicate things.

It's pretty simple, if you eat less than your energy requirements you loose weight (regardless of what you eat).

Caporegime
If it works for him leave him to it. "The fact you're tempted means its clearly not something thats maintainable" is BS.
People get tempted by cigarettes after they've not been smoking for 20 years.

Man of Honour
Sorry, but i find this silly. You have been dieting 3 months yet tempted by 3 eater eggs. The fact you are tempted means, its clearly not something that's maintainable. Dieting should not be restricting foods you love or willing to give into temptation the moment or even occurs i.e. Easter etc. What happens at Christmas, Birthday, when restaurants start opening back up?

All foods are are perfectly fine in balance and moderation. There is more to life than working out 8 grams of chocolate at 43 calories.

I controlled my diet for 8 years, whereby i weighted each gram of food, tracked intake of everything. It took me a long that time to realize i could achieve almost the same diet by being more flexible and actually enjoying chocolate and alcohol on evenings and weekends. People over complicate things.

It's pretty simple, if you eat less than your energy requirements you loose weight (regardless of what you eat).
To be fair to the OP it does sound like he's bringing in that more flexible outlook. The fact he knows he can fit this into his calories and has broken it down into known amounts seems a pretty sensible way to lose weight while still allowing for something he likes.
Rather than trying to live on a spartan diet like most on here think he should which would almost certainly lead to failure.

kai

kai

Soldato
If it works for him leave him to it. "The fact you're tempted means its clearly not something thats maintainable" is BS.
People get tempted by cigarettes after they've not been smoking for 20 years.

Cigarettes, drugs, alcohol heck any form of addition ... yes. My comment was not to cut it out, my post said all foods are are perfectly fine in balance and moderation. Clearly the OP has been sustaining from chocolate or just cutting out junk all together. This is not sustainable, a diet should NOT be restrictive.

However, i will agree the OP seems to have a grasp on macros and doing things correctly unlike most of the WW and fad of the week diet (sorry, i will get off my horse now).

Soldato
Dieting should not be restricting foods you love or willing to give into temptation the moment or even occurs i.e. Easter etc. What happens at Christmas, Birthday, when restaurants start opening back up?

Personally, I disagree with this. That's exactly what it's about. It's called 'will power' and I commend OP for having lots of it :)

Soldato
OP
2022 update:

I've no idea what they've put in the Easter eggs this year, but I was melting this year's eggs down but they wouldn't liquify, it just turned into a grainy sludge! The lot went into the bin.

It's a good result really, because it's put me off chocolate altogether!

Back
Top Bottom