• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Direct 10.0 To Be Vista Only?

Associate
It's at times like these that I feel superior!

If you'll excuse the grammatical anomalies; Linux 4 t3h w1N ON3111 !!!

MEPIS to be exact.

I'm loving this. I just hope that the emulation software (WINE) will work with DX10 for when Halo 2 comes out for PC (it should do; has worked with the previous versions of DirextX).

PS. I know that, technically, WINE isn't an emulator, but it is pretty much.

Associate
The big deal is the Unifided architecture of graphics(unified vertex and pixel shaders), now ATI is using it but not Nvidia and nvidia likes better their way when the pixel process is separate into the pipelines.Microsoft in other hand has "workaround" option on the DX10 and the nvidia videocards (Probably a patch).
The idea of DX10 is being more efficient in the 3D process, so let's see what happen.
Also for XP users,they will need tget the third service pack,which will make XP fully compactible with Vista, and maybe they include some features from DX10.

Soldato
Why are Microsoft conning people like this New DirectX's were made for Windows 98 SE after other OS's came out so what are they playing at now. Man if I could play games on Linux I'd never get another Windows again.

Associate
In simple terms IMO AT LEAST for a year after DX10/Vista release you'll see current game releases either being DX9 or DX9/DX10 compatable. i.e. it is VERY unlikely you'll see games manufacturers forcing you to go DX10/Vista for a good time yet to play the games. Would be business suicide.

Associate
BigDom said:
In simple terms IMO AT LEAST for a year after DX10/Vista release you'll see current game releases either being DX9 or DX9/DX10 compatable. i.e. it is VERY unlikely you'll see games manufacturers forcing you to go DX10/Vista for a good time yet to play the games. Would be business suicide.
True, but the DX10 version of the same game will probably have to have better eye candy / performance bits an bobs to warrant a DX10 on the box

Associate
Nobski said:
True, but the DX10 version of the same game will probably have to have better eye candy / performance bits an bobs to warrant a DX10 on the box
Oh probably, although most likely more eye candy than more performance. Having seen games like EQ2 and Oblivion what can be done with DX9 ( or OGL - not sure which EQ2 uses ) personally not even sure we need DX10. I see it for a good time more as a gimmick than a requirement myself.

Not just that but the assumption by some people seems to be that we'll instantly want to go out and buy the latest DX10 games... Not going to happen... just look at the numbers of people playing HL2, BF2, EQ2, WoW etc. all games which are old but still enjoyed by people.

Soldato
how many times can a thread like this appear?

this calls for -
lastweek.gif

you have to buy something, yeesh get over it. :p

Soldato
OP
Dr Jones said:
I love the internet. ;)

But I heard Vista is very tight and safe on the internet front. *wink wink*
I heard that Vista has a great piracy combat thing, it is supose to monitor what programs you use, what music you listen to etc, and report back to microsoft if it is real or not?

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Eh £100, you'll need to spend £600+, your forgetting £500+ for the DX10 card to go with it. :D
Link? oh wait - ** making it up :p
DX cards are going to be priced like every other release of graphics card. if they do the £500+ style release sale figures will be too low, and since they will be (as usual) releasing the cards together (nvidia vs ati) then as i said, prices will be the usual £400 for high end over clocked, £350 for high end, £250 best bang for buck etc etc etc. Last 3 or 4 releases have had similar price structures.

Soldato
jcb33 said:
I heard that Vista has a great piracy combat thing, it is supose to monitor what programs you use, what music you listen to etc, and report back to microsoft if it is real or not?

Wouldn't Microsoft be breaking laws if they added somethink like this to Windows as it's breaching privacy rights? :confused:

Soldato
jcb33 said:
Firewall: Do you want this program to access the internet?
User: No.

;)

Back
Top Bottom