Disco Jeff- Bridgwater nutter

Soldato
Anyone from Bridgwater or know of Disco Jeff, i havent seen him for a few years. I found a good quote about him on the net for the people who havent heard of him:

Disco Jeff
...is the 'Top of the bill headliner' mentalist in Bridgwater, Somerset - home town to myself, and quite possibly the highest nutter-to-normal ratio in the country.

Though he has been known to venture into more traditional public nudity and violent assualts, as a rule, Jeff's forte is jogging around town, pretending to be a heavy goods vehicle.

He will happily weave in and out of fast-moving traffic, making diesel engine noises and tooting the horn on his 'rig' all day, come rain or shine. Usually sporting a hand painted t-shirt bearing the witty slogan 'I AM GAY.'

His attention to detail and passion for his art are to be marvelled at. He was once arrested after making it as far as Weston-Super-Mare on the motorway (Inside lane, not hard shoulder), after a flooded road diverted him from his normal route.

My boss can never get to sleep at night on Sundays, because Jeff 'parks' outside his flat with the generator running on his freezer unit (i.e. making a low, growly noise with his throat) ready for the supermarket run on Monday morning.

He also once had a right pop at my Dad for parking in his space outside Curry's. Pa didn't want to end up as a flesh wedding dress, so grudgingly moved his motor and watched as Jeff reversed - beeping all the way - into the space.

Tales of the bald lady who rearanges the chairs in my local whilst nursing a pint bottle of rank, sour milk - and the Ginger mute feller on a bike who spends his entire waking life helping the trolley attendants at Sainsbury's are for another time. Honestly - this town is a veritable Nuttasic Park.

Soldato
We have the harmonica man and some scammer which I have forgotten the name of.
Apparently the scammer goes up to you in tears and says that his dad has died and he asks for money for a train ticket.

Caporegime
We have the Jolly Green Giant. A fella of around 6'6 who walks around all day in a green tracksuit.

He insists on telling all and sundry that their motor is knackered and they should let him have a look at it. This is normally accompanied with tall stories (excuse the pun) of surviving a ww2 kamikaze raid (he's about 50), playing for England or burying his wife's lover under the patio.

Associate
haha Disco Jeff sounds great :D A few times i've driven to Warrington there's a 'dance tramp' who enthusiastically dances away beside the traffic to his 'ipod' .. well except it's a pair of headphones attached to fresh air

Associate
In Newport we had Frankie Lodge an impeccably dressed man who used to walk the streets, usually drunk, singing opera. He also used to throw handfuls of loose change to kids. Lives in a local nursing home now.

We've also got a guy who thinks the River Usk is draining away so spends his time filling up water containers and pouring them in to it.

In Cardiff they've got Toy Mic Trevor, who busks with a kids toy microphone.

Associate
Funny you mention that, saw him a few year back when I lived in Bridgewater, someone reminded me of him the other day, Hope he is aright actually.
Did they have the Bridgewater fest in the end last year?

Back
Top Bottom