Diskpart Clean - help

Soldato
Hi,

Mates just bought over a 8gb USB stick that had a distro of linux on, he could format it in windows as your normally would so he googled and used DISKPART and CLEAN on the disk.

USB just throws an error and I don't know anything about diskpart.

Diskpart List Disk shows the

NAME > STATUS > SIZE > FREE
DISK 3 > NO MEDIA > 0B > oB

When I put the stick into a USB slot I get a pop up "Insert Disk : Please insirt a disk into USB Drive (F:)", drive F is showing in file explorer but clicking on it throws the same pop up.

Properties for F shows 0 bytes used and free.

Disk manager and explorer show the D drive which is the launchpad software for the USB, running the software throws and error.

Installed USB Disk Storage Format Tool and when the stick is inserted it throws and error "Access violation of address 0047E267 in module 'USBFormatTool.exe'. Read of address 00000000"

None of the above have issues reading my USB sticks..

Any ideas?

Soldato
Usb stick is corrupt/nand is damaged and has destroyed the partition and file table. In disk manager does it say the drive is raw?

JRS

JRS

Soldato
So you did 'diskpart -> select disk 3 -> clean' right? From there you should just have to do 'create partition primary', 'select partition 1', 'format fs=ntfs quick' (or fs=fat32 quick), 'assign'.

Back
Top Bottom