Display Port No Signal Suddenly, Won't Work At All Now.. Help?!

Associate
Recently bought a gtx 1080ti to use with my AOC 35" 1440p 100hz monitor & its been working fine for the last week until last night, when I turned the monitor off manually while I watch a film..

After turning back on it just says signal not found, tried everything to sort it but it won't work.. So turned off & went to bed.. Woke up this morning and it's the same issue.. No signal at all using display port.. But it works fine using HDMI?

It won't even detect the monitor is plugged via display port if i check using my TV connected by HDMI at the same time as second monitor. It seems the display port AOC doesn't exist anymore..

Question is whether its a faulty DP cable, the monitor DP connection is broken, or the graphics card DP broken.. Or the drivers faulty?

Help

Soldato
It's often buggy but try updating the drivers or rolling back, check refresh rates and other settings in nvidia control panel.

Pretty sure most have multiple display ports so test another one, turn the screen off by hard unplugging also and see if the source picks up after.

Associate
OP
The HDMI port & cable from GPU to Monitor works fine, but it's just the DP connection that has stopped working, just constant no signal now.. looking around online seems a lot have had same problem, the classic DP no signal, but all other inputs work.

I've tried every DP port on my 1080ti and none are working either.. I do have a new DP cable that originally came with the monitor so I'll try that this evening. I'll also try completely unplugging everything on the PC & Monitor, connections, power supplies etc, hopefully it picks up the signal again..

I've tried playing around with nvidia settings, but unfortunately it doesn't even recognize my monitor is even connected by DP anymore, it only shows up when connected via HDMI

very annoying & strange problem that seemingly started from nothing, just turning the display back on after watching a film on tv, everything has been working fine before that for ages.

Soldato
I had a similar problem with my AOC, turned on one day and "no display" but on all ports, had to return for RMA.

I tried different cables, ports etc...same result, tried the GPU on the TV and was perfect, got a replacement and so far (touch wood) so good!

Back
Top Bottom