Caporegime
It isn't, but to be fair I never claimed it was :p

Just first year end of year assignments

Meh, that's about standard isn't it.

1st year - start the night before
2nd year - 2 nights before
3rd year - 3 nights before

:D

I've already started my dissertation and I haven't even finished my second year yet, we have to do a dissertation proposal as part of a module and it's worth 34%.

We had to do something similar, however that was also because we had to do a large part of the work (fieldwork) in the summer between yr2 and yr3.

Soldato
Did my all 54 pages of my disseration the day before handin in the space of 24 hours - no sleep :(

...It was a stupid thing to leave till the last min but I work better under pressure (maybe a little too much pressure in hinesight)

Ahh well, all done and handed in now! :D

How?!!! No way I could knock it out, and I'm a fast worker...the literature review and the research would take ages, numerous drafts etc..and building my system and everything! Almost done now though, need to sort out a class diagram!:)

TS7

TS7

Soldato
How?!!! No way I could knock it out, and I'm a fast worker...the literature review and the research would take ages, numerous drafts etc..and building my system and everything! Almost done now though, need to sort out a class diagram!:)

Same here. I've just a done peice coursework worth 20% of my first year at uni and it took me a day and a bit to do it and it was only 2000 words. The level of research involved was ridiculous. A part of the coursework did not have a word limit however if you include anything which isn't necessary you are penalised and marked down!

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;16418125 said:

I didn't really do a lit review for my dissertation either. I guess it depends on whether you've done original work or not... :p

No, in actual fact there was a little bit of discussion as to whether my results tallied with what was already known but not pages. I'd assume however if you were doing a more theoretical/english style course then you'd have to do much more.

And yeah, what's this draft thing? look at a few papers and your data and start writing, no re reading stuff, let alone re writing parts! :eek:

Soldato
I tell you what OP! I have to write 9000 words by monday (not a dissertation). So I think you should do the same and get your ass in gear! I'll most likely be up 4 days solid, but I love the rush :p

Man of Honour
Is it really that much of a big deal? I know cheating is but asking on a forum, surely not?

It may just be me but I've always thought that if you're intending to commit a criminal or even simply a morally wrong act that stating you are going to do so in a public forum (any form of public place) is asking for trouble. It suggests a level of premeditation that is impossible to explain away rather than the merely difficult to explain if you don't leave the notification publicly.

The rush is failing. Need red bull stat!

You're training to be a doctor aren't you? You've got access to much more exciting ways of staying awake than Red Bull. :p

Soldato
but I love the rush :p

YOU WEIRDO!!!!! :p haha just kidding.... :rolleyes:

Luckily I don't have to write a dissertation (did it last year)... why oh why do people always leave it to the last minute????? Every since GCSE work every one says they will never leave work to the last minute....then it happens again at AS-Level, A-Level, Uni Year 1, Year 2 and dissertation year 3....

Why o why do we do it to our selves!!!!! :confused:

Associate
Spent 5 months doing mine, I made sure to get it out the way early that way I had time for the other 5 modules of work, seriously don't know how people can do this, Uni friend of mine at the time left it till two days beforehand and just passed, seriously though I found my dissertation one of the best parts of my degree being that it was all my own work.

Soldato
17,000 words and counting for my software report. I need the marks as my product is gash lol.

Nearly there though, in on Monday, the pride though I'm' already feeling in getting this done is immense, why get someone else to do it? I find that defeating the point of a degree.

I see your going to do it yourself, best best, 1,000 words is sweeeeet FA tbh.

Associate
i'm doing an all nighter aswell...i just need the 1000 of a certain topic because its in for 12 2mrw. Gonna do my best, looks like its not worth it to pay for these sites, as someone said i will probs get something that i dont want.

If you can't write 1000 words in 11 hours, you really shouldn't be at uni :p

I love the rush of leaving it to the last minute to some degree, but last time really put me off. I was trying to pull an all nighter, had 2000 words on a subject I knew nothing about in for the next day. My brain just wasn't working, so I thought screw this I'll get up nice and early and just finish it then. Ended up watching House until 3am, waking up at 6am, feeling like I was on some huge drug come down, but managed to learn about the topic and write the essay. Got 68% some how, I thought I failed lol.. A huge waste of time though, as I still couldn't tell you anything about that topic, so if it comes up in an exam I've really shot myself in the foot. Not going to be doing it again.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm sure your attitude of cheating, poor time management and happiness to cop out will be really well received in what is already a tough job market. It's behaviour like yours that has lowered the quality of everyone's degrees. Good work, hope you feel like you're really earning your grade.

I'm half tempted to forward this thread to the head of department at Northumbria.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom