1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

District 13

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by JustinB, 8 Jul 2006.

1. JustinB

Gangster

Does anyone know if this film is in English?Has it been dubbed with English audio or has it got English subs? All i can seem to find is Banlieue 13 or District B-13 which is the French verision, as it is a french film.

2. sja360

Mobster

maybe im being stupid but it sounds like your doing something illegal? in which case dont post it on ocuk as they dont condone this sorta thing. as for the film being in english i thought if you went to the cinema to see it it'd be in english? or atleast it'll have subtitles.

3. malolo

Hitman

According to IMDb it's subtitled.

4. JustinB

Gangster

No actually im not, a search on google that is all I have done. All you will find is stuff about the french film. Nothing about this version. I wanted to find out before going as i dont intend on going to read a film.

Sounds like you have a guilty conscience.

5. JustinB

Gangster

Just to confirm, Yes this film is French with English subtitles, have just phoned showcase cinema to confirm.

6. tntcoder

Mobster

Saw this last night, its a very good film and it does have english subs with french audio, but its mostly all action anyway. I really liked it :). Plot was a little weak but the action scenes and soundtrack make up for it.

7. @if ®afiq

Soldato

In total agreement with this.

(If the rest is against the rules please delete :))

Email from a friend:

8. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

So basically its an old 2004 film now done with english subtitles?

9. Tommy B

Sgarrista

I hope it's subtitled. Dubbed films are No Swearing, Big Kev.

10. JustinB

Gangster

Yes i think mate, might still be woth a look though

11. ZXSpectrum

Sgarrista

Its a good action film.. The fighting sequences are very good. If you want bad dubing watch the dubbed version of Ong Bak... Its ridiculous! :D

12. Spunj99

Mobster

Yeah it's subtitled and yes it's awesome. watched it yesterday and i think i actually let out a few "whimpers" with excitement at some of the action scenes.

:D

13. ~J~

Sgarrista

Same here, watched it last night, brilliant start to the film (how the hell they did some of the stuff!)

Good action film, I just thought it was a little too short. Definately recomend.

14. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

wow, wow, awesome, wow, how did he do that?
    This fim doesn't need any talking in it.

15. DaveyD

Man of Honour

It's a great film, turned out how I expected it to be going by how The Transporter went, lots of really really well thought out exciting action sequences, mixed with a poor story. It's worth it just for the action sequences I reckon.

16. Longbow

Sgarrista

Bump!

Just saw this on FX, crap story line as above, but some really awesome parkour action.

17. moogie

Wise Guy

saw a dubbed version few years back
    they all had irish accents :eek:

18. Ampeg

Wise Guy

Saw the dubbed version and the awful voice acting (possibly the worst ive ever heard) turned what looked like a fairly run of the mill action movie into one of the funniest films ive ever seen. Please checkout the dubbed version if you havent seen it, its so amazingly cheesey and funnier than any comedy ive seen in the past couple of years.
    My favourite scene involved a van getting blown up, looks like the same van you see several times during the film but craftily altered with £2.50 worth of cardboard and plastic.

As an action movie it was total arse, as a comedy the dubbed version is a work of art!

19. semi-pro waster

Man of Honour

Ampeg is right, the voice acting is brilliantly bad, I've got not the slightest clue why they thought an Irish accent would suit the girl but I was in fits of giggles whenever she spoke.

It's actually quite a good film though, it's short but it packs everything into the runtime and is far better than many Hollywood blockbusters although that maybe isn't the best benchmark in the World.

20. yipyipboo

Hitman