dLAN 500 WiFi Setup questions

Soldato
I'm about to setup a home network using the dLan Wifi power adapters.

The current setup is a little but of a mess as detailed below.

Virgin router ---> Cisco Access point ) ) ) ) to wifi adapters.

My thinking is that the Access point is not required and that if I connect the master dLan to the Virgin router the rest will then go through this. Does this sound right?

If there was only one then I would have time to paly around with it but there are 13 dLan adapters to go around the house (as it s big).

Has anyone set these up before?

Cheers

Soldato
I've had a fair bit of previous with the Devolo DLAN adapters, honest opinion is they are a PITA but if you have 13 and are already set on deploying them then they will work but be prepared to need to reconfigure them again every couple of months.
You'd simply connect the "master" to the Virgin router and then let the rest pick up through the mains cable, if the house is as big as you imply then I wouldn't hold my breath for them working brilliantly.

The Devolo cockpit software is quite nice to use and I'd say very useful when setting up but I'd use them as a stop gap until you can put a "real" solution in such as a set of Unifi AP's or leaky feed or similar.

Soldato
OP
Not an option to replace the dLans as they are insistent on keeping them as they "worked fine until Virgin put a new router in". Def do not need the access point tho, so cheers for that. Popping out this afternoon so here's hoping. House indeed huge. Kids bedroom is bigger than my lounge ! Every room has SkyQ, Virgin TIVO, and AppleTV ! Mental setup.

Back
Top Bottom