GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Graphics Card
1TB Seagate FireCuda Solid State Hybrid Drive
Gigabyte Ultra-Durable GA-78LMT-USB3 Motherboard
8GB 1600MHz DDR3

I'm looking to upgrade my motherboard, CPU and memory to:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core 4.4GHz CPU
ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) Motherboard
16gb DDR 4 (2x8gb)

Would anyone be able to tell me if that will fit in my current case?
I've had a look on and the only case types are ATX type (mid/full/desktop etc.)
I can't find my specifc case on there but being new to building PCs, if it's a mid tower, how different can it be to other mid towers listed on ?

Should I just play it safe with a new case or is it worth the gamble it all fits?

Competitor removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
I found the motherboad and cpu as a bundle, which works out cheaper
So i could add an ssd to basket now and it would cost the same as if I got the 3600 and collected them individually

Associate
OP
I'm happy to pay the extra for the b550 and it coming as a bundle with the CPU leaves me with the choice of getting an ssd now or hangin on for a little bit.
Ultimitely, whichever I do end up going for is going to be a pretty good improvement on what I have now and I'm in no rush to to get it all upgraded.. I'm sure I'll have more questions along the way though :)

Soldato
CiT Dark Star Black Midi Case

If it's the same case that pops up on a Google search, that's not a very good case. The solid front panel doesn't help airflow, despite the side vents. If you're willing to go mATX with a motherboard like the MSI B550 Mortar or B450 Mortar Max take a look at the Kolink Citadel or the Thermaltake Core V21.

Soldato
If it's the same case that pops up on a Google search, that's not a very good case. The solid front panel doesn't help airflow, despite the side vents. If you're willing to go mATX with a motherboard like the MSI B550 Mortar or B450 Mortar Max take a look at the Kolink Citadel or the Thermaltake Core V21.

All he is doing is changing the cpu. If it is fine with his current FX6300 then I don't see there being any problems with the R5 3600/X.

Back
Top Bottom