Do I need to spend £90 on a case?

Soldato
The Akasa Freedom Xone is really good value, I've built two so far. It does have a lot of features not normally found on budget cases, like cable management, 140mm fans, cut out on motherboard back panel. white led fan on the front and much more.

For £30 buy it.

Thanks for that my shopping list has just been changed out with the Coolermaster Elite 335 and in with the Akasa. The cable management holes swung it for me.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all your comments.

I'll go off now, do a bit more research and make my purchase.

I think I'll end up with the CM690-II as I think it will give me more than enough options in terms of system configuration and scope for future upgrades, rebuilds etc.

I do like the look of the Fractal cases but I'm just wondering if they're "all show and no go"? The design doesn't look as if the airflow is as good as some cases.

Cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
call me a snob but i would never spend under £70 on a case, i went from a antec 900 (good for a few years but fundamentally flawed case) to a cm 690 II adv and the difference is massive.
loads of space, good harddrive and cable management , airflow is ok - definatly get yourself one you wont regret it.

Soldato
The fractal cases are gorgeous and near silent. However I remember when I was looking them up finding some VERY worry temperature figures, I'd avoid really, to get it running decently you'll have to run all of the fans which pushes over £100.

Associate
I'm in the process of buying a case myself, got an ageing old case, where the cpu cooler is bulging out and I can't shut the sides,

I wanted to get the antec 300 but after reading this the Akasa Freedom Xone won it for me

Associate
Just got my CM-690 II today and it is awesome. :)

Great build quality and some nice features.

Love the switch for turning the front LED on the fan off. Hate those things :)

Also, the tool less rubber mounts for the hard drives are impressive.

I was wondering about the lack of a 3.5 inch slot, but being awesome, Coolermaster have taken care of this by including a 3.5 to 5.25 adaptor and faceplate.

So overall I would say that for £90, I would highly recommend it.

Soldato
The fractal cases are gorgeous and near silent. However I remember when I was looking them up finding some VERY worry temperature figures, I'd avoid really, to get it running decently you'll have to run all of the fans which pushes over £100.

it depends on what you are doing with it (i.e how hot you are expecting it to run). But yes if you are intending to do some gaming the price ends up ~£100

(for a very quiet case!)

Back
Top Bottom