1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

Do newer forceware drivers make yor GPU hotter?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by metalmackey, 19 Jun 2006.

1. metalmackey

Wise Guy

Hi,

I've noticed that recent forceware drivers (above 84.21) make my GPUs hotter by about 7 degrees evan at idle. Anyone else noticed this and is it a bug. Also how do you see the temp of GPU 2 in the 91.29 drivers?

Thanks

P.S. Can I make the fans spin at max all the time? including my CPU fan.

Last edited: 19 Jun 2006
  2. SteveOBHave

Soldato

er... is this after the 7-10C increase in ambient temps due to the summer weather?

3. metalmackey

Wise Guy

No, temps went up before the hot weather and if I install older drivers the temps are lower.

4. Jay_t

Hitman

Its possible the temp readout has just been recalibrated to correct an early error.

5. Stellios

Capodecina

Nope, mine have stayed the same. Its a little hotter due to the weather last few weeks though.

6. Sir Random

Mobster

My temps seem a bit higher, but I put it down to the weather too.

Rivatuner lets you set custom profiles for your gpu fan speed in 2D and 3D. I have my fan at 25% in 2D (silent), and 75% in 3D (for the hot weather).

7. Jokester

Don

Drivers could do all sorts, change fan settings (maybe BIOS though), but more particularly they can work the GPU harder by making the code more efficient.

Jokester