Do OCUK consider IPS glow a reason for return?

Associate
As in the title, is excessive IPS glow a valid reason to attempt a return?

I will get some photos but I just got an Acer XV34 and the left side has quite excessive glow to the point the the top and bottom corner almost meet.

Soldato
As in the title, is excessive IPS glow a valid reason to attempt a return?

I will get some photos but I just got an Acer XV34 and the left side has quite excessive glow to the point the the top and bottom corner almost meet.
Under distance selling regs I believe you have 14 days to return for any reason (though I think you could be charged a restocking fee if the goods are not deemed faulty)

Man of Honour
Just a thought, does this monitor have an anti glare coating? I suspect this may compound perceived IPS glow.

If it’s only noticeable when viewing a solid black screen I wouldn’t bother tbh.

Permabanned
IPS glow is a sort of metallic sheen that IPS screens have, and that's normal. I think you are talking about bleed, which is a light leaking through in certain areas, usually the corners. I suspect that all retailers are a bit resistant to accepting monitors back on grounds of bleed, they must be sick of it.

You can return it on grounds of it being faulty, but the poroblem is that bleed is somewhat subjective so they may or may not agree with you. Or if it's within 14 days you can just say you have changed your mind and are returning it under distance selling regs. Either way you should know their terms so you know who is paying for what and so on.

Back
Top Bottom