1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you ever have strong opinions on OCUK Threads or User comments?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ice Tea, 27 Jun 2020.

1. Ice Tea

Mobster

Followed by the feeling that you just can't be arsed to get involved so you don't bother posting , I wondered if it was just me or if others felt the same?

Last edited: 27 Jun 2020
  2. Bouton Aide

Caporegime

Involved with what? A post? No.

3. DXP55

Mobster

Not you - I feel the same - just can't be assed to talk to knowalls even if they are wrong - Also it's not just on here but on a lot of forums I have been on.

On one, I and a lot of other members left at the same time but have noticed after looking in a few times after 5 yrs the Mods got their finger out and cleaned it up but even now I still get the bad taste.

4. SideWinder

Consigliere

There have been occasions I have started to reply to someone then changed my mind (recently!). I've been here a while so seen it all kick off quite a few times but only more recently have I become "active" again.

Certainly feels more calm/mature than a few years ago. :p

5. BongoHunter

Wise Guy

I feel the same, I do post in some threads but there's a lot of things I write and then delete before posting - as theres no point replying to some comments - you're not going to change their mind :)

This quote sums it up nicely

6. Dyson

Mobster

I'm the same, sometimes I'll start to write a reply, then think it's not worth the following arguments.

OP, you are not alone :D

7. Tony Edwards

Soldato

Sometimes wrongs just have to be righted.

8. TonTom

Wise Guy

I feel this way daily.

9. PapaLazaru

Capodecina

It's the same people arguing about the same stuff and it goes round and round and nobody is prepared to listen to the other side so I try not to.

10. sgavan

Wise Guy

Sometimes feel like replying to things but often wouldn't improve things so don't bother, some places, not here, it's like arguing with the radio :)

11. SideWinder

Consigliere

So everyone who has replied has basically said the same...waiting for that first person to say the opposite. :D

12. Andrew_McP

Mobster

Ghost posts are a way of life for me, everywhere. Hopefully by the time I've got halfway through typing a reply, I've calmed down and just can't be bothe...

13. adolf hamster

Soldato

can be hard to tell on here whether you're arguing with someone with heartfelt belief in their viewpoint or someone who's just arguing for the sake of a bit of drama/entertainment.

sometimes it's better just to quit while you're ahead.

14. Diddums

Capodecina

No, I never argue on the internet.

15. robfosters

Caporegime

There’s a select group of posters on here who are just so set in their views, it’s not worth engaging with them. They’ll persistently accuse you of being wrong on an issue and unable to consider others views, when they are like a brick wall and believe their view should be unchallenged.

16. billysielu

Capodecina

Yeah I'm generally repulsed by anything in Speaker's Corner. Unfortunately the site doesn't let you configure New Posts to only show the categories your interested in. In the end I asked to be banned from Speaker's Corner to avoid constantly getting annoyed.

17. drakulton

Hitman

18. platinum87

Mobster

Arguing for the sake of it is the only way to go about it.

How can you argue with someones belief system, if they could agree to your argument on the topic they would have already reached that themselves.

Whatever belief or opinion you have, its wrong, once you acknowledge that, you can move to the next level.

19. kaiowas

Capodecina

I was going to, but I couldn’t bothered with the aggro.

20. Tony Edwards

Soldato

Hah