1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you ever replace your aio?

Discussion in 'CPUs' started by skiersteve123, 30 May 2020.

1. PeegeeTips

Gangster

the H75i on my 5820k is five and a half years old now.
    another H75i is running for six years on my 4440 in my htpc.

2. IvanDobskey

Sgarrista

I think it's usually the pumps that fail eventually on an aio?

3. TonTom

Wise Guy

Why not? I have the X62 on a 3900x and an X61 before it on an Intel Cpu with no issue.

I did get a EVGA CLC280 before it and the pump was extremely nosies out of the. Ok so sent it back and replaced it with the X62.

4. pc-guy

Wise Guy

Huh???

5. Ross Thomson

Wise Guy

because it is over priced

6. hyperseven

Soldato

For those who mention pump noise. How? Is you pc on your desk next to you? Is the side off? Had few AIOs since they came out and can't say have ever heard the pump. Is it because of the heft of the 750D and that is tucked under the desk?

Got an x61 at the moment and as soon as temps start to fluctuate I'll replace the Tim, if still the same I'll just bin it and buy another :)

Have set AIDA to auto shut the pc down if the temps get too naughty.

Last edited: 2 Jun 2020
  7. eggyoke

Mobster

I've been running a Corsair H60 since 2011 on my i5 2500k. It used to keep the CPU temp around mid-high 20's idle. Now it idles in the high 30's, even after a good clean. So its on its last legs but still doing its job.

8. Sargatanas2511

Mobster

I understand progress has been slow but a modern cpu is still faster for gaming than an older cpu. So why are modern ones **** for gaming?

9. TonTom

Wise Guy

I got my X62 for £80 I thought that was a good price.

10. Grim5

Mobster

Same experience here. I've heard alot of people say water pumps are noisy but in my own experience I've never been able to hear them lol.

That doesn't mean pumps can't be noisy though, just the ones used in AIO and customer loops are pretty quiet. But I can definitely hear the pumps used for fish tanks and cars.

11. IvanDobskey

Sgarrista

The limiting factor for gaming is always the gpu anyway (unless you play at 720p) so I'm not quite sure on this statement either.

12. Terminal_Boy

Sgarrista

Exact same set up for me, but I haven’t noticed any change in idle temps despite having HWINFO running when gaming. Will monitor temps more closely, but I do have the H60’s pump and the fan plugged into a fan controller and run both at max as the PC’s in a hot room and I wear headphones when gaming.

13. MartinPrince

Wise Guy

Just because you haven't heard of it or hasn't happened to you does not mean permeation does not occur. @humbug is perfectly correct, there are many factors as to how long or if it happens but over enough time then some people will have the effects of permeation.

Listen from 4 mins onwards...

14. pc-guy

Wise Guy

Do not use Steve Burke as your foundation of knowledge and truth! The man talks extreme poo!

15. MartinPrince

Wise Guy

...and you don't...

16. pc-guy

Wise Guy

Show me where your science is wiseman before you go off on one. Honestly. so far you have just referred to some junkie on YouTube and nothing to backup your assertion.

17. Ross Thomson

Wise Guy

you've not shown any science either

18. pc-guy

Wise Guy

Wrong, I have stated that rubber is frequently used in water containing environment - gaskets, seals and tubings. As well as waterproofing materials, joint sealant etc etc.

these applications would preclude the use of rubber if it permits water to magically “permeates” through it.

the burden of proof isn’t on me either. Someone made a fantastic claim yet without any solid science or reality. Only thing so far is an angry yankie talking about stuff he knows very little about. And you expect people to believe that is the truth?! Seriously, you might as well join the flat earth society while you are at it and be with your kins.

19. Acme

Caporegime

About half the fluid in my H100 was missing after 8 years continuous usage, which meant it no longer performed adequately.

No idea if water permeated the rubber, it evaporated, or if magical pixies drank it, but it definitely wasn't inside it anymore. :p

20. Dave2150

Soldato

I too have had my 6700k from launch day, at 4.6Ghz (1.31v). I haven't delidded, max temps fully loaded are around 75C. This is on a slim 120mm Noctua cooler.

Sounds like something wrong with your AIO, should be running quite cool at 4.6 1.32v.

Last edited: 3 Jun 2020