• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Do you need to use the EZ Plug connector for SLI ?

Soldato
Building my 7900gtx sli setup tonight, using an Asus Pn532-sli deluxe mobo (Intel Nforce sli). Big problem - it aint possible to install the top 7900gtx and plug a molex plug into the EZ Plug connector, simply because the gtx fan rubs against the molex in the ez plug and the card wont seat down fully.

Now I looked in the manual and it kind of contradicts itself.

It says towards the beginning of the manual that when using 2 cards to connect the ezplug when using an atx psu with a 20pin connector or if your cards do not have aux power. Well I am using a 24pin connector, and both my cards are hooked up with pci-e cables. So it sounds like I don't need the ezplug connector.

However towards the end of the manual it describes setting up sli in more detail, and says use aux power connector for your video cards if needed (pci-e connectos), and don't forget to connect a 4pin power cable to the ezplug connector for stability.

So which is it, EZPlug or not ? If I need it, then this mobo is a complete bust for me unless right angled 4pin power adaptors exist.

Help !!

Soldato
well you answered your own question, you need it for when you dont use a 24 pin connector and when you use sli.

cant understand if you would spent that much on a system, why if you game, didnt you go amd?

that board isnt very good btw, riddled with bugs. :(

Soldato
OP
So if the board isn't very good can you tell me a beter sli intel mobo please ?
That comment doesn't help me at all.

I didn't go amd as I happen to already have an Intel extreme cpu.

Back
Top Bottom