Do you only let certain cars out of junctions?

Soldato
Lopéz said:
I don't really have a criteria for ...

<grammar nazi>sorry, I don't usually pick on stuff like this but criteria is a plural word, criterion is the singular(whether intentional or typo I felt I needed to point that out)</grammar nazi>

Back on topic, I tend to go by some kind of karma method. I find letting folk out more means I get let out more, so I'm pretty happy. This works well for me as sometimes I need to force my way into a stream of traffic, so I feel if I angered someone doing that, I can make someone happier by letting them in. <shrug>

I'll sometimes stop the traffic to let mothers with pushchairs cross the road too(if it's safe, obviously). Yes I'm that nice. :)

Associate
lucasade1 said:
My sister is an attractive, blonde, 20 something who drives a MINI....

What colour was it?????!

If it is red and was on the A10 roundabout yesterday night then she waved at me as we waited at the lights :)

I let most people out if I can, 206's and MINIs always, they tend to have nice women behind the wheel.

Soldato
energy said:
If it is red and was on the A10 roundabout yesterday night then she waved at me as we waited at the lights :)

I let most people out if I can, 206's and MINIs always, they tend to have nice women behind the wheel.

Light blue ;)

Soldato
I will very rarely stop to let anyone out yet I seem to allow a lot of cars to come out in front of me by anticipating traffic conditions ahead and leaving suitable gaps for aware drivers to move in to.

Man of Honour
theres a book on 50 ways to make the world a better place and one of the points was along the lines of:

"let people out of junctions, but only if they have a worse car than you"

after a week of my journeys taking twice as long as usual i gave up on that idea and only let out cars i liked the look of ;)

(pretty much let anyone out when i'm feeling generious unless there trying to push out, or are driveing a 4x4, well a non mud-splattered city one atleast)

Associate
Unless they are driving like a complete moron, I'll let anything out if it is reasonable to do so. Occasionally get surprised looks from chavs in novas, but that just adds to the fun!

Oh, and I'll let van and lorry drivers out, too. I've driven biggish awkward things for a living, so I can sympathise with them, too.

Alan Woodford

Associate
always let fellow audi's out, or cars i know or hope when they pull out they will put their foot down.

Never let a Matiz or something daft like that out because i will just get stuck behind it.

Oh and no lorrys or buses

Soldato
I let almost everyone out to be honest if I can, I wont put myself out of my way in order to do it. Even if its a great big lorry, I can soon get past it again if I dont like following a brick wall.

Hot chicks always get let out, should be in the highway code tbh :D

Soldato
If it won't cause me (or anyone behind me) too much inconvenience then I'll let anyone out of junctions unless they're trying to force their way out. If they're doing that then they're certainly not getting out in front of me.

Back
Top Bottom